NEED HELP

infern0_

hello guys i have recently purchased 2 980ti graphics cards to replace my old 970 sli setup and i seem to be getting lower fps now ( before installing the 980 ti sli i changed my ram since my old hyper x savage kit died and i am now running a 4gb stick and an 8 gb stick in single channel ) i dont know why i am seeing drops in performance any help will be greatly appreciated 

4 minutes ago, infern0_ said:

and i am now running a 4gb stick and an 8 gb stick in single channel

You shouldn't ever do that in a performance oriented setup. GN made a video showing that it does make a big difference if you run dual or single channel. Regardless of that I dont think that missmatched ram causes your framerate issues.

13 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

You shouldn't ever do that in a performance oriented setup. GN made a video showing that it does make a big difference if you run dual or single channel. Regardless of that I dont think that missmatched ram causes your framerate issues.

do you have any idea what might be the issue ? could it be hard drive related ? because my system doesnt really have bad or mismatched hardware other then the ram sticks , i have an i7 4790 but i have 4 drives in my system