Need help!

Luke.C

So i'm thinking about getting a computer and i need help on figuring out how cost effective i can be.

The only requirements i am looking for are:

• 1080p 60fps (no less ever)
  • Be as cost effective and efficient as possible
  • No need to consider a mouse and keyboard or monitor

Thanks for the help if and when anybody sees this

7 minutes ago, Luke.C said:

So i'm thinking about getting a computer and i need help on figuring out how cost effective i can be.

How big does it need to be/can it be? It generally costs more when you build smaller. What is your TARGET price? ALSO, as @NelizMastr asked, do you want 60fps in a game like Minecraft or in a game like Crysis 3? If you want an all-around 60fps 1080p in every game and "future-proofing" (aka, be relevant at that fps and resolution for 3-4 years), you're looking at a cost of about $600 :) I can upload a parts list now if you'd like.

60FPS in CSGO? or 60FPS in the latest and greatest and future (2/3 years) AAA games?

I'm assuming the latter. The issue is that the best gaming option is Coffee Lake, and the best value is the i5-8400, which can't be paired with a H or B chipset board yet, making the overall price higher than necessary. Ryzen+ is also around the corner with promised improvements, so yeah... you're better off just waiting 2-3 months or bite the bullet on a 8700K.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

29 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

60FPS in CSGO? or 60FPS in the latest and greatest and future (2/3 years) AAA games?

I'm assuming the latter. The issue is that the best gaming option is Coffee Lake, and the best value is the i5-8400, which can't be paired with a H or B chipset board yet, making the overall price higher than necessary. Ryzen+ is also around the corner with promised improvements, so yeah... you're better off just waiting 2-3 months or bite the bullet on a 8700K.

I couldn't agree more. :)

Though if we are trying to save costs, I'd recommend the Ryzen 5 1600 or similar as these chips perform very well when targeting the 60fps level. High refresh rate monitors benefit from the latest Intel chips, but if 1080p at 60fps is the target, Ryzen should be great!

33 minutes ago, Luke.C said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kFyP2R

This build will no doubt dominate at 60fps 1080p, provides a solid upgrade platform (AM4 is to be supported through 2019 according to AMD), and is fairly affordable. We can certainly trim the budget and get it down to the 600-700 range without a problem, however, we begin to sacrifice longevity/"future proofing" (again, 3-4 years). 

What kind of budget are you looking at. I would say the best you should do is around $700 to $1100 dollars.

The geek himself.