Asus aura sync help.

Go to solution Solved by ricksteendam1,
3 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

Mine shows mono, ram, and add in strip.

oke nice if you click the second row under colour in the middle of the screen you can see multiple things there and change their colours 

I recently upgraded to an 8700k and the Asus ROG Maximums X Wi-Fi ac motherboard and having some issues with Aura Sync I believe. I have 3 pieces of hardware that I believe should be manageable in Aura. Motherboard, G. Skill Trident Z RGB ram and 1 Cable mod Widebeam rgb strip. However in many video toturials I have watched of Aura I notice that there are two options for control on the upper left synchronized and independent mine is only showing the synchronized option so it's only allowing me to set everything to the same setting. Besides that when I go into Sync and try to say click the ram to change its settings it asks me if I want to save settings I click yes and then try to set it to a separate static color for example and it's gets set and kinda stuck the the default rainbow effect for Trident Z. I have to mess around with it and then can get everything set to a static color. Anyone with some extensive knowledge of Aura Sync that can help out?

22 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

I recently upgraded to an 8700k and the Asus ROG Maximums X Wi-Fi ac motherboard and having some issues with Aura Sync I believe. I have 3 pieces of hardware that I believe should be manageable in Aura. Motherboard, G. Skill Trident Z RGB ram and 1 Cable mod Widebeam rgb strip. However in many video toturials I have watched of Aura I notice that there are two options for control on the upper left synchronized and independent mine is only showing the synchronized option so it's only allowing me to set everything to the same setting. Besides that when I go into Sync and try to say click the ram to change its settings it asks me if I want to save settings I click yes and then try to set it to a separate static color for example and it's gets set and kinda stuck the the default rainbow effect for Trident Z. I have to mess around with it and then can get everything set to a static color. Anyone with some extensive knowledge of Aura Sync that can help out?

have you downloaded aura from the Asus website?

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

21 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

have you downloaded aura from the Asus website?

Yes, from my motherboards support page under utilities.

1 minute ago, Bion1985 said:

Yes, from my motherboards support page under utilities.

oke and this is what you see when you open the app

Schermopname (7).png

3 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

oke and this is what you see when you open the app

Schermopname (7).png

Correct

The program is garbage!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

The program is garbage!

Yea I'm figuring it's a software issue or user error as I am not very familiar with how to use it. 

24 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

Correct

oke if you look in the upper left corner wat is standing there (in my cause MOBO an GPU)

7 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

oke if you look in the upper left corner wat is standing there (in my cause MOBO an GPU)

3 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

oke nice if you click the second row under colour in the middle of the screen you can see multiple things there and change their colours 

Just now, Bion1985 said:

Yea I'm figuring it's a software issue or user error as I am not very familiar with how to use it. 

Did a build last time and Aura Sync cannot be customized independently between the Asus Strix GPU and Strix Z270 motherboard, no matter what, it was always synchronized.

Did another build recently with a Strix 1050Ti and a Strix B250 board. The video card has Aura Sync but the board does not. Went online to download the Aura Sync software for the video card and found out the following

• It creates a direct program shortcut on the desktop with a long ass name
  • When deleting that shortcut, the program is not in the start menu and has to be reinstalled.
  • Renaming that shortcut to make it shorter breaks the programs also forcing a reinstall
  • The video card will only work with that specific Aura Sync Software
  • Aura Sync software version, is motherboard specific and cannot be used on other Asus Aura enabled products. I download the one for Strix Z270F, to try on that Strix 1050Ti, only to not recognized the video card and cause windows to grey out and spit out a Aura Sync has stopped working error
  • The Asus Aura Sync that's specifically made for the Strix 1050Ti's LED service, keeps on asking for permission to allow access to make changes to hardware device. Even allowing it, it will ask 3 to 4 more times. And it will ask again, every time the system restarts.
  • Uninstalling the program will be meet with a roadblock caused by the Asus Aura LED service. The service must be disabled in task manager before it can continue uninstalling.
  • Going to Asus Aura site shows no downloads.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Sync.html?_ga=2.38340451.1187939410.1512669724-1654513041.1512669724

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

11 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

This was it thanks 

2 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

This was it thanks 

if the problem is solved you can mark it as solved so other people can fast forward to the answer 

58 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

Correct

just a side note, do you see the drop box of locations? It's currently set to by Areas and then below that you have I/O selected. You need to change that to the area you want to change the color on. Or if you want everything the same color you select the option for Single Color. In the drop down box by area you will see each individual ram slot as well as each individual selectable led. Usually four areas per ram stick on the TridentZ. I just want to make sure you were aware of that. 

edit:: didn't see that was already answered. 

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+