Classic Windows 10, No Line-In Audio...

Hot_Swap_Fries

I've got yet another software issue. The line in on my laptop used to work perfectly, but now it just fails to work. It's always silent. Levels are high as can go, unmuted, "Listen to this device" has been enabled, and yet still nothing. And this all happened after, you guessed it, an update. Any help? I can't restore my PC so I'm boned there.

You said "line in".  The "line in" is the jack for a microphone.  If you want sound, you have to use the "line out" jack.  Plugging in speakers or headphones in to the "line in" jack will not do you any good.

Just now, kb5zue said:

You said "line in".  The "line in" is the jack for a microphone.  If you want sound, you have to use the "line out" jack.  Plugging in speakers or headphones in to the "line in" jack will not do you any good.

Yes. Line in. As in plugging my phone into the laptop and having audio pass through. Which it does.

15 minutes ago, Hot_Swap_Fries said:

Yes. Line in. As in plugging my phone into the laptop and having audio pass through. Which it does.

Including that information in your original post would have been helpful.

18 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Have you tried reinstalling drivers?

Yes, actually I just finished doing that. Still to no avail. 

What it's doing now is it's playing my audio, but not through the aux line-in port. It's playing it through my microphone port. It won't play anything when I select listen on the line in port but when i select listen to my microphone, I hear both my microphone AND the music. It shouldn't be like this.