Mic sounds like static when i'm running GPU overclock.

My System:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12 se am4

Mobo: Gigabyte ax370 gaming k3

RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance rgb 3466mhz

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti FTW

Storage: Adata 240gb SSD

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G3 750W 80+ Gold

This is my first PC build. I've overclocked the CPU to 3.9Ghz on stock voltage, stable. RAM is running at 3200Mhz with the timings at: 17-18-18-18-36,  voltage at 1.32v. With these settings i have no problems, but when i overclock my GPU (+51 gpu clock / +500 Memory), the input and output audio in my headset goes to sh!t and makes everything sound like robotic voices. This only happens when i'm running a game in the background and i’m tabbed out to the desktop. When im in game, the audio is fine. i did some research and i came to the conclusion that my previous PSU wasn't good enough, so i upgraded to what i listed above. It seems like no matter what i overclock my GPU to, the problem persists. Any advice helps, thanks in advance.

Sounds like your headset is picking up static noise from your system it caused by electromagnetic interference.

Have u tried pluging it to the rear jack?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 hours ago, BubblyCharizard said:

what headset are you using?

I’m using a SkullCandy Slayer. It’s probably like 5 years old now, so I’ve been looking into getting a Kingston HyperX cloud II. I’m just waiting on some funds to come in. 

3 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Sounds like your headset is picking up static noise from your system it caused by electromagnetic interference.

Have u tried pluging it to the rear jack?

My headset plugs into a mixer/amp cable that it came with and that goes to a usb in the back of my pc.