PC noises

Mercuryaces

New to building PCs and get a bit paranoid about things I buy.

I was expecting my PC to be totally silent, however I hear it making noise, fans and what not, the fans consistently rev slightly up and down, not very loudly mind you, but it's there. Are these normal noises for a pc to make?

Thanks in advanced for any info!

11 hours ago, Mercuryaces said:

New to building PCs and get a bit paranoid about things I buy.

I was expecting my PC to be totally silent, however I hear it making noise, fans and what not, the fans consistently rev slightly up and down, not very loudly mind you, but it's there. Are these normal noises for a pc to make?

Thanks in advanced for any info!

As you have built your PC yourself that means the fans havent been configured and the fact that they are making noise means they are running on full speeds. Depending on the specs of the PC and whether you have anything overclocked will depend on what speeds would be enough for the fans to be running on.

Things you can do is to go into your bios and you should be able to control your fan speed adjust the fan speeds depending on your motherboard you should be able to set it to different speeds depending on load or temps.

Make sure to test what temps you get, on load and without load, after you change the fan speeds.

On the other hand you could try out softwares to change the speed of your fans.

I wouldn't be able to recommend any, as i haven't used them, but i know that you can do it this way too.

Warning..MAKE SURE TO TEST THAT YOUR PC UNDER LOAD AFTER CHANGING THE SETTING FOR THE FAN SPEEDS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PC TEMPS(GPU+CPU) ARE BELOW RECOMMENDED MAX.