Please help!!! system not booting

Hi everyone I saved up all my money to purchase my dream desktop and built one today.

But my motherboard Asus Prime Z270-A has a boot device led(Green) and not working. Motherboard's led is lighting up but case fans and cpu fan that are directly connected to my motherboard do not spin or work and my case does not have led light around the power button.

I made sure my 8pin and 24pin connectors are connected to the motherboard and PSU. But anything other than motherboard onboard led is not working

My build was

i7-7700k

CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus - PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card

Are you sure you have connected your power button on the correct port? Maybe try a metal object to cross the wires, as to hotwire your motherboard?

I have connected gpu power connector to PSU but unplugged it because I thought it is not necessary to boot up the computer

The GPU either needs to be plugged in or taken out. Make sure the 24 pin and 4 or 8 pin PSU connectors are also plugged all the way into the MOBO.

8 minutes ago, masonrasmonsam said:

I have connected gpu power connector to PSU but unplugged it because I thought it is not necessary to boot up the computer

That's why. The graphics card needs those extra connectors to function properly.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16