Keep dust out of prodigy?

nkucz

I hate getting dust on my system and thats why I love my old Fractal R4, tons of removable dust filters. However, my new prodigy build only has a dust filter on top and bottom, none on the front intake. How can I stop dust from entering through my 200mm intake? BTW I have the white version. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

You could buy a dustfilter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Demciflex-200mm-Dust-Filter-Black/dp/B005VPRDZE

It will limit the airflow a little, but It will keep a lot of dust out of the case.

But where would I put it?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

You could buy a dustfilter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Demciflex-200mm-Dust-Filter-Black/dp/B005VPRDZE

It will limit the airflow a little, but It will keep a lot of dust out of the case.

This.

Buy panty hose.

Cut to size.

Attach to case fan perforations. 

Vacuum when necessary.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

But where would I put it?

You would screw it into the front and put a fan behind it if you have a fan.

Buy panty hose.

Cut to size.

Vacuum when necessary.

Why have I never thought of this? That is a briliant idea.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

don't let it on the floor

try to make yourself a dust filter for the front intake

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

This.

Buy panty hose.

Cut to size.

Vacuum when necessary.

don't let it on the floor

try to make yourself a dust filter for the front intake

Yea so just screw in the dust filter in front of the fan?

You would screw it into the front and put a fan behind it if you have a fan.

Why have I never thought of this? That is a briliant idea.

One of the best ways to do it is to take the panty hose, put the fan in it, screw the fan in, through the panty hose, then cut around the edge of the fan. Thus, the screws hold the panty hose in place, all the way around the fan. 

It's less painful than taping and less permanent than gluing.

There are different levels of "grade" of panty hose, from very thin to somewhat thick, so it also gives a measurable way to decide how much resistance the fan will have as well as how much dust you will catch. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

One of the best ways to do it is to take the panty hose, put the fan in it, screw the fan in, through the panty hose, then cut around the edge of the fan. Thus, the screws hold the panty hose in place, all the way around the fan. 

There are different levels of "grade" of panty hose, from very thin to somewhat thick, so it also gives a measurable way to decide how much resistance the fan will have as well as how much dust you will catch. 

so I have to screw the fan out when you want to clean it though?

yes, but you might find a magnetic dust filter which you only "paste" it on the chassis

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Yes, simple as that. You would have to remove the fan if you wanted to clean it with water. You can probably get away with cleaning the filter with a vacuum cleaner or compressed air, which wouldn't require you to remove the fan.

You have revolutionized the way I look at fan filters and panty hoses.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

yes, but you might find a magnetic dust filter which you only "paste" it on the chassis

yea but magnetic dust filter will have no where to go... on the prodigy intake

The even less painful way of doing this is to put a rubber band around the fan to hold the panty hose on (sorry, just remembered this part). 

Then just take off the rubber band, clean the panty hose, then put it all back on. Simple and fast.

Volbet Thanks. I found this on Youtube one day. I was like "This is pure genius."

† Christian Member †

Rearrange your airflow so that you have positive airflow :P

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

yea but magnetic dust filter will have no where to go... on the prodigy intake

then try to improvize something on the fan itself. like some sort of mesh glued on the fan. and when you want to clean that fan, you just throw away that mesh and glue another one

Rearrange your airflow so that you have positive airflow :P

I will have positive airflow... dust will still stick to things