Computer randomly shuts down

w8kdrifter

I have an issue on a new build that just started happening yesterday. I had been running the machine for 3 days straight, no problems. I had 2 GPUs running 24/7. I then decided to add a 3rd GPU. It ran fine for several hours (mining) with stable temps around the 60-65C mark. I went to bed with it running and it shut down at some point over night. I tried to reboot and sometimes the monitor will show a picture and other times it stays black. When it does boot fine and I see a picture the monitor then says “entering power saving mode” and goes black. 

I switched my HDMI connector to each of the 3 GPUs and the same intermittent black screen happens. While I am typing this on the computer I notice it makes a "buzzing" sound every so often. Not sure if the GPUs got fried or just what is going on...I do not think they overheated as the system is built in an open air chassis. Where to begin troubleshooting? I should note the GPUs are at factory settings with the exception of the memory clock, I bumped it up to 2150 MHz, which ran fine for 2 days with just 2 GPUs installed. 

Specs are as follows: 

MSI Z270-A pro mobo

Intel Pentium G4400

Corsair 4GB single stick DDR4 Ram

3 XFX RX 580 08GB GPUs (one of the is the Black Edition). 

750W PSU (Corsair CX750M)

Brand new install of Windows 10 Home 64bit

Thank you for looking and thank in advance for the help. 

Try one gpu, try a different gpu, try new PSU. Try to locate where the buzzing is coming from. I had an old 430watt EVGA bronze unit that buzzed and whined all the time.

You said "open air case", so, exactly what case are you using and what is your case fan setup?  Also, you are running an MSI Z270-A Pro mobo and three GPU's along with Windows 20 Home 64 bit and you are doing all this with only 4 gigs of ram?  At the time of the crash, what other software were you running along with the OS?  I would assume that your are digital coin mining since you are running the three video cards.

5 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

You said "open air case", so, exactly what case are you using and what is your case fan setup?  Also, you are running an MSI Z270-A Pro mobo and three GPU's along with Windows 20 Home 64 bit and you are doing all this with only 4 gigs of ram?  At the time of the crash, what other software were you running along with the OS?  I would assume that your are digital coin mining since you are running the three video cards.

I did mention in my op that I am mining, I’ll post a picture below of the setup if that helps. Only programs running at time of crash are mining program, HW Monitor and the AMD monitoring software. GPU fans ran at about 70-80% 

9754CD5F-709D-42CF-A117-B64F6876149A.jpeg

E65CA448-0D65-40E7-BD03-0251D852663C.jpeg

Sorry I missed your mining thing there in your original post.  I don't know why but something back in the far reaches of the corner of my mind are telling me that with only 4 gigs of ram that maybe you're overworking your machine.  For starters I would try dropping the overclocking on the GPU's back down to normal with no overclock and then I would try to ad at least another 4 gigs of ram to bring the total to 8 gigs.  Then I would try that out and see if it made a difference.  If it made things for the better, then great.  But if things still crashed, at least I would feel comfortable in knowing that I took a little bit of the load off so things didn't run so hard.  Just my humble opinion and thoughts.