Applied too much pressure on CPU and Socket

Devin92

Hello LTT,

So this is a build for my friend, and it has a Cooler Master T4 cooler with a weird lock mechanic for the CPU cooler.(i7 6700 + H110 mobo). I was very dumb that when I was trouble shooting the PC , I didnt follow the cooler's installation manuel and end up install one of the parts in wrong orientation and have to apply a loooot of force to lock the cooler down. (i did install it correctly when i first build it for him)

The trouble shooting found out to be a dead CPU (CPU wont boot with a z270 mobo system which should be backward compatible, I didnt have another 6 series CPU on hand so mobo was not tested). My friend RMAed it, but now I am afraid that I did some damage to the motherboard Socket or the pins when I applied a lot of pressure on the CPU. I dont want to potentially fry the new CPU. So my question is will the socket or the pins be easily damaged by this false operation?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Wikiforce said:

You need to check that yourself whether pins are aligned correctly or post some pics on here so we can get some idea.

so as long as the pins are not bent, the socket should be okay? I checked the pins and they seems fine.