Needing Recommendations on a Entry Level Gaming Build for my 10 year old son, who is interested in building a PC.

11 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

that would be suitable as an upgrade, but its not within budget unless you sacrifice performance

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HT2WVY

I know it only has a 1050 ti, but he is only 10 so it should be enough for him

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

2 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HT2WVY

I know it only has a 1050 ti, but he is only 10 so it should be enough for him

thats a severe downgrade, to 1050 ti, 2 less cores and no smt, plus, what did I say about buying a windows license, for this, you want single channel ram for 8gb, for future upgradeability, and thats not a good ssd, plus the terrible price/gb ratio, for only 20$ more get twice the capacity

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Wow, everyone here is just awesome!  Thank you so much for all the recommendations.  I told my son after school today that we had the basic system configuration and we are about to start ordering parts (probably still going to make that trip to Virginia just for fun).  It would be an understatement to say he is excited.  I have bumped up the budget a bit to make RGB a little easier.  I will definitely be taking pictures as he builds and post the finished product giving credit where credit is due, you all! 

Thank you again, I appreciate it and hope over time I can return the favor to others.

3 hours ago, crimsoncodr said:

Wow, everyone here is just awesome!  Thank you so much for all the recommendations.  I told my son after school today that we had the basic system configuration and we are about to start ordering parts (probably still going to make that trip to Virginia just for fun).  It would be an understatement to say he is excited.  I have bumped up the budget a bit to make RGB a little easier.  I will definitely be taking pictures as he builds and post the finished product giving credit where credit is due, you all! 

Thank you again, I appreciate it and hope over time I can return the favor to others.

the masterbox lite 5 RGB has 3 RGB fans for $50 after a rebate form, you can get that for RGB or spend $15-20 for a deepcool kit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W