Need help restoring a Laptop

Shadowdiamond201

My brother has a Dell latitude D800 that isnt too different from my old latitude D820 that I accidentally smashed. My brother has been having a lot of browser issues and complains that it can load slowly and when it does load the browser is missing photos and the text can be spread out and unorganized. he was wondering if i could help since the main thing he uses the laptop for is just surfing the internet and checking emails. he has also told me that the mouse acts on its own accord when he is typing and can travel from one end of the screen to the other without him ever touching it. The slowness i think i can help with a stick of RAM and the broken mouse seems to be keyboard issues and not software. so im wondering how do i fix his browser issues.

I feel like he kind of needs to manage his expectations from a computer that old. Even general browsing has gotten significantly more taxing than when that laptop first released (early 2000's?). I'm sure the mouse issue is his palm hitting the trackpad while he's typing, I don't think they had palm rejection back then. Why doesn't he try upgrading to something a little newer?

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Wow, he’s actively using a system that old? That’s impressive. I have one of those laptops and it struggles to play videos, even DVD quality. I’d recommend just getting a used (but newer) laptop. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Thank you Crunchy Dragon. this seems to have fixed the browser problems so now all the text and stuff is there and working as it should. however,Theguywhobea is wrong about the mouse pad tracking because my brother just showed me the laptop and when I typed on the keyboard while being very carefull not to touch the mouse pad the mouse would dance across the screen. I also noticed he failed to mention to me that there is a line of dead pixels on the right of the screen that don't show any color. I am not sure how the mouse issues and dead pixels will affect too much since the mouse still works and stops dancing on the screen when you stop typing and the dead pixels only cover a small portion of the scroll bar.