17 inch version of laptop?

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'd be surprised if anyone knew that honestly. The best we can do is say maybe

I heard they cancelled it, but I don't understand why they would. I even talked to asus support about it and they said it was classified to higher representatives in the company. I was thinking maybe there was a leak or something.

Just now, Darren319 said:

I heard they cancelled it, but I don't understand why they would. I even talked to asus support about it and they said it was classified to higher representatives in the company. I was thinking maybe there was a leak or something.

There might've been a leak, I haven't looked at Asus laptops since deciding on an MSI Stealth for my laptop upgrade(hopefully I'll have that by this time next year)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 hours ago, Darren319 said:

Will there be a 17 inch version of the Asus GL503VS-DH74?

First, it's a bad laptop, throttles heavily, runs hot and loud. So don't consider it even though it has a 17 inch version for the old version (GL702VS, I believe that the new GL702ZC uses the same chassis too)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

First, it's a bad laptop, throttles heavily, runs hot and loud. So don't consider it even though it has a 17 inch version for the old version (GL702VS, I believe that the new GL702ZC uses the same chassis too)

From what I've read, the 1070 version has it's own revamped cooling system. The 1060 version is 0.8 inches thick, while the 1070 version is just over 0.9 inches thick. And according to https://www.ultrabookreview.com/18807-asus-rog-gl503vs-review/. the cooling is actually good on this one.

4 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

And the 702zc uses a much thicker chassis due to the heat from the desktop components

2 hours ago, Darren319 said:

From what I've read, the 1070 version has it's own revamped cooling system. The 1060 version is 0.8 inches thick, while the 1070 version is just over 0.9 inches thick. And according to https://www.ultrabookreview.com/18807-asus-rog-gl503vs-review/. the cooling is actually good on this one.

Try Google search GL502VS/GL702VS throttling

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Try Google search GL502VS/GL702VS throttling

I know about the issues with the cooling on those, or I would be going for one of those, but they revamped the cooling system in the 503/703. Really stinks about the 502/702 because they're really nice for the price.