Laptop dosent turn on the screen afther sleep (closing the lid)

impectorum

Hi i have pretty tough problem with a p950 ish laptop specs are as following

• GeForce GTX 1070 8GB With max-Q desgin
  • 7. gen. Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ-processor(Kaby Lake)
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM 2400MHz
  • 512GB PCIe SSD
  • 15.6" matt 4K UHD IPS-screen

The laptop is pretty much simular to Clevo P950HR specs are pretty much the same, and i recon the drivers and software is the same, this particular mmodell is sold by a Norwegian pc "manufacturer" and relabeled with their name. 

Any how the problem "percents its self."

I can start my laptop up as normal and there is no problem in sight, I can use the machine and there is no problem other than some "heat" under usage, I am however no used to laptop's and just have to get used to it i guess. How ever when i close the lid on the laptop it goes to "sleep" as normal and everything seems fine. But when ever I try to open the lid again, the screen dosent turn on again. Seems like the screen is not even getting turned back on again, how ever if i plugg a external monitor in i get a signal. So i guess the problems isn't HW related? To get the screen to come back on again, i need to restart the machine.

Tought tough since the display shows the "bios" before loading the OS the HW is not faulty? 

I have searched low and high for a solution and tried everything from reseating the ram sticks, LCD cable. I followed countless "power option" solutions for other known laptops with a simular issues. How ever I have not yet come across a solution and talking to the company where i bought the laptop tells me i need to deliver in the laptop and be without it for up to 2 weeks. ATM this is not a good solution for me as i then dont have a good computer to use for school work. So as a last cry for help I ask you guys for help. 

Every respons is greatly appreciated and I will try to give more information if that is required as we go along with some troubleshooting. 

****UPPDATE********

For some reason the screen does turn back on afther i have opend the lid and connected via Teamviewer.. I am at a loss atm now

Now the screen dosent turn back on agian when I remote into the machine after opening the lid eader....

I'm pretty sure there's an option in the Power Settings area of the Control Panel to wake the computer from sleep when you raise the lid

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

59 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure there's an option in the Power Settings area of the Control Panel to wake the computer from sleep when you raise the lid

Did not manage to find this option in power setting. 

Okey so afther fidling arround, I can over a forum post that had simular problems. The issue seems to lie with the GPU drivers, so to validate this in a super easy way i put the laptop in Hibernate mode when i close the lid. And it worked. The screen turns back on after "hibernating" 

This is only a bandaid, but its a work arround for now, and I will keep looking for a more permanent solution. 

I can not say with 100% that it is the GPU thats the problem, but it seems like that would be the most likely thing atm.