Harddrive plugged in, though I cant use it.

AlaNo

Im having this problem, with a brand new hard drive where the second I try to do something in it like create a folder this comes out. 

Please help.

Harddrive issue.PNG

3 minutes ago, BlitzThePcSpecalist said:

Is this a new drive that you have just installed? Or is this a drive that you've used in the past that has data on it?

This is a brand new one.

2 minutes ago, BlitzThePcSpecalist said:

Good to hear. In which case you will need to partition the drive using the windows tool. Once partitioned it will be working like a charm :). All the best!

Do I have to shrink the drive?

1 minute ago, BlitzThePcSpecalist said:

You shouldn't have to. As it's a new drive windows doesn't know what to do with it. Which is why you'll need to partition the drive for it to be useable. The partition in this example will be the whole drive. You can find a tutorial on how to do this here.

I already did that and the same thing popped up, I clicked on format to see if that might work.

Just now, BlitzThePcSpecalist said:

Formatting the drive will not remove the partition it will just erase anything that's currently on the drive.

There is nothing on it, also I am running a data recovery program since I accendetly deleted a drive on accident and  im trying to get all the stuff on that old stuff back, would that in any way effect the new drive?

5 hours ago, BlitzThePcSpecalist said:

No, it wouldn't effect the new drive in anyway.

I fixed it, I unplugged it and switched the sata power cables from my SSD to the HDD and they both work now.

Though I still have a problem where I accedently deleted a volume of one of my USB external drives and now windows dosent detect it and im not sure if by doing that if it deleted everything in it!