HELP! Computer boots up but no display

kasterdin

So I recently tried to upgrade my computer to an asus prime z270-a with a 7700k, but soon found out that the board was dead. So I rma'd it and put my old parts back into the computer and it just boots up, lights and everything but my monitor isn't getting any display from my computer, then my computer would just shut off and turn on again as if I restated it. I tried taking out my gnu and booting it like that but I didn't work. Please I really need help with this problem.

CPU: i5-4690K

MOBO: MSI Z97 SLI Krait edition

RAM: 2x4gb Team Dark DDR3-1600

GPU: Asus Strix 1070

PSU: G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

SDD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb

HDD: 2x 1tb WD

1 minute ago, kasterdin said:

So I recently tried to upgrade my computer to an asus prime z270-a with a 7700k, but soon found out that the board was dead. So I rma'd it and put my old parts back into the computer and it just boots up, lights and everything but my monitor isn't getting any display from my computer, then my computer would just shut off and turn on again as if I restated it. I tried taking out my gnu and booting it like that but I didn't work. Please I really need help with this problem.

CPU: i5-4690K

MOBO: MSI Z97 SLI Krait edition

RAM: 2x4gb Team Dark DDR3-1600

GPU: Asus Strix 1070

PSU: G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

SDD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb

HDD: 2x 1tb WD

Does the backlight on your screen come on?

1 minute ago, Crazycoder4life said:

Does the backlight on your screen come on?

yea it does. but it goes on sleep mode when It doesn't detect any display

Check the cables. It's unlikely that BOTH the iGPU and the graphics card failed.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Check the cables. It's unlikely that BOTH the iGPU and the graphics card failed.

I tried replugging everything in to see if that was the problem as well. but still no change

Yep, considering you switched the MOBO you need to check just about everything. I’d keep it on integrated graphics until you figure out the culprit. Reseat the ram, clear CMOS, and check cabling. 

Do you have another PSU? May possibly be the PSU. Perhaps your previous mobo wasn’t defected?

4 minutes ago, Crazycoder4life said:

Yep, considering you switched the MOBO you need to check just about everything. I’d keep it on integrated graphics until you figure out the culprit. Reseat the ram, clear CMOS, and check cabling. 

I tried all of that still nothing.

3 minutes ago, Crazycoder4life said:

Do you have another PSU? May possibly be the PSU. Perhaps your previous mobo wasn’t defected?

thats what I was thinking, but unfortunately I don't have an extra psu to test it.

Just now, kasterdin said:

thats what I was thinking, but unfortunately I don't have an extra psu to test it.

If you have a paperclip and multimeter you can still check it! Otherwise, if you’re 100% sure everything is connected correctly (inlcluding cabling, RAM, CPU) and you’re running integrated graphics, I can only suggest that it is most likely the PSU. It sounds like the machine isn’t making it through POST or getting to BIOS. 

I don't have a multimeter, but I tried the paperclip trick, and my psu is works just fine. it turns on and it doesn't shut off like it does it is connected into my computer. 

16 minutes ago, kasterdin said:

I don't have a multimeter, but I tried the paperclip trick, and my psu is works just fine. it turns on and it doesn't shut off like it does it is connected into my computer. 

Well just because it turns on doesn’t mean it’s not the issue. It may have voltage irregularities causing cpu failure etc. You either have a RAM, CPU, or mobo issue. Considering that another mobo with a different CPU wasn’t fully functioning either, I’m leaning towards PSU or RAM.

10 minutes ago, Crazycoder4life said:

Well just because it turns on doesn’t mean it’s not the issue. It may have voltage irregularities causing cpu failure etc. You either have a RAM, CPU, or mobo issue. Considering that another mobo with a different CPU wasn’t fully functioning either, I’m leaning towards PSU or RAM.

hmm. I never thought about it like that. Ill try getting a new psu and go from there.

1 hour ago, kasterdin said:

hmm. I never thought about it like that. Ill try getting a new psu and go from there.

You may be able to take it back if that’s not the issue. Keep me updated!

Alternating and using one stick of RAM at a time in different DIMM slots would be a good idea before grabbing the PSU. 

13 hours ago, Crazycoder4life said:

Alternating and using one stick of RAM at a time in different DIMM slots would be a good idea before grabbing the PSU. 

ok so I tried a corsair rm750i on the old setup and that didn't work, however when I tried on the new setup with an I7 7700k and asus prime z270-a board on the mobo box, it posted and I made it to bios. so I am really unsure of what could have happened when I put it into my case.

Ok so i figured it out, it was my ssd this whole time. i wasnt sure why it did that but when i tried booting it with my ssd plug into my psu, it didnt work,but when i turned on my computer without the ssd, my computer ran fine. Got past bios, was able to install windows.