Adding hard drives to stock workstations

jamesfindlay3

Hiya my dad want to buy this PC- https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Workstation-Windows-Upgrade-Graphics/dp/B01GXYZITO/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512082897&sr=1-14&keywords=HP+Z240&refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin%3A1481781031

But it only has 250gbs of storage becuase he wants the ssd, would it be possible to just add on another 1tb hdd or would it be easier to buy one with it allready installed? Thanks a lot!

Just slap it in, it just works.

4 minutes ago, jamesfindlay3 said:

Cheers

If you are buying another hard drive, check if there is a spare SATA power cable and SATA data cable.

Just now, Matthew Waring said:

If you are buying another hard drive, check if there is a spare SATA power cable and SATA data cable.

Cheers I'll have a look I'm going WD blue so it should be fine but I'll double check thanks

Just curious but what work does your dad do since it contains a xeon processor

Not too sure, but he does a lot of accounting stuff and photo work, I don't know if he needs it or what but it's just the one he sent me.

2 minutes ago, jamesfindlay3 said:

Not too sure, but he does a lot of accounting stuff and photo work, I don't know if he needs it or what but it's just the one he sent me.

Im sure accounting is processor heavy but I think that a xeon may be unnecessary. If he wants to save money, research the software he uses and you could maybe custom build a pc for cheaper.

Im sure accounting is processor heavy but I think that a xeon may be unnecessary. If he wants to save money, research the software he uses and you could maybe custom build a pc for cheaper.

I have thought about custom i did one myself but Europe is pretty expensive for parts so in the end with shipping and all ready built is cheaper.

4 minutes ago, jamesfindlay3 said:

I have thought about custom i did one myself but Europe is pretty expensive for parts so in the end with shipping and all ready built is cheaper.

Fair enough, some part prices at the moment are rather high