NEED ADVICE ON GETTING RIG TO RECOGNIZE NEW DRIVES

Go to solution Solved by dcgreen2k,

Make sure the sata ports are enabled in the BIOS, plug them in, and format them in Windows disk management.

I am installing 4 new drives on a new rig and need to know the procedure to get my rig to recognize them its been a long time since I have done this and forgot, besides it probably different in win 10 than win 7 the last time I did one;)

never let fear stand in the way of your terror. 

If you like anything I write feel free to quote and pass it on

however, if you disagree with me and have a strong opinion.....better be riding a fast horse

Make sure the sata ports are enabled in the BIOS, plug them in, and format them in Windows disk management.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

cool thanks a lot ezpz

never let fear stand in the way of your terror. 

If you like anything I write feel free to quote and pass it on

however, if you disagree with me and have a strong opinion.....better be riding a fast horse