Malwarebytes finds but won't remove Appinit_DLLs

xBlizzDevious

I've done some Googling and it seems there's uncertainty as to whether these files are false positives or not, however, I've never had them show up on MBAM before so I can only assume it's something that got onto my computer somehow.

I've had issues with Steam and my browser (Vivaldi) that have no logical fix - possible virus is my only remaining idea. (Browser won't open with 0xc0000005 error).

I scanned yesterday and got 4 threats found. Removed and restarted but MBAM said only 1 was removed.
Scanned again and found 29 threats. Removed and restarted but MBAM said 3 were removed.
Restarted into safe mode, scanned again with 4 found. Restarted and MBAM said only 1 removed again.

Checking the logs it suggests that sometimes it "replaced" detections, sometimes "removal failed" and for the odd 1 it "removed successfully"

Anyone got any ideas? Need more info? Ask away.

7 hours ago, xBlizzDevious said:

I've done some Googling and it seems there's uncertainty as to whether these files are false positives or not, however, I've never had them show up on MBAM before so I can only assume it's something that got onto my computer somehow.

I've had issues with Steam and my browser (Vivaldi) that have no logical fix - possible virus is my only remaining idea. (Browser won't open with 0xc0000005 error).

I scanned yesterday and got 4 threats found. Removed and restarted but MBAM said only 1 was removed.
Scanned again and found 29 threats. Removed and restarted but MBAM said 3 were removed.
Restarted into safe mode, scanned again with 4 found. Restarted and MBAM said only 1 removed again.

Checking the logs it suggests that sometimes it "replaced" detections, sometimes "removal failed" and for the odd 1 it "removed successfully"

Anyone got any ideas? Need more info? Ask away.

These are the threats it's finding. 9 this time. Always a couple of registry ones and one file or more.

FoundViruses.png.8fdb46596aaaf0c784cea788ae641344.png

This is in-progress, obviously. But I don't imagine it'll find anymore. It finds them very quickly.

I've had Malwarebytes just disappear when I start scanning as well. It appears to crash and needs the scan restarted which is weird.

And more info...

I finished the scan. It showed 9 found and 9 quarantined before I restarted.

5a20798ee8cec_MBAMResults.png.2c2fade828fda3353a685a158938f635.png

MBAMPreQuarantineResults.txt

Then I pressed "yes", let it restart and re-opened the application.
The results afterwards showed this:

MABMCompleteResults.txt

And apparently 7 of 9 were resolved.