EK or Bitspower fittings?

i am going to do costume water cooling very soon, until now i found all my parts from ekwb but i have heard that thee fittings shouldent be the best and the ones from bitspower should be better. so i just wanna know if i can buy the ones from ek or i should go with bitspower

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

bitspower are supposed to be better but you end up with 1.5x to 2x the cost at least this was the case when i planned my loop and depending on how many fiitings you need it can quite a lot of money

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

bitspower are supposed to be better but you end up with 1.5x to 2x the cost at least this was the case when i planned my loop and depending on how many fiitings you need it can quite a lot of money

im not doing any kind of bending, only with 90 fittings, so it will prob be very expensive then?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

23 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

im not doing any kind of bending, only with 90 fittings, so it will prob be very expensive then?

if you still want to use rigid tubing then yes it could get quite expensive and me personally i would go with ek

i did the calculation for my loop and ek everything would cost 200ish and bitspower was like 370 or something and thats with no bending too

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

bitspower are better quality, but EKWB fittings are what i use because the extra cost of bitspower is just too much. the fitings alone would costs about the cost of the rest of the components im the loop added together -_- EK fittings are still good quality, i only have experience with the ACF fittings but they were pretty nice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

27 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

if you still want to use rigid tubing then yes it could get quite expensive and me personally i would go with ek

i did the calculation for my loop and ek everything would cost 200ish and bitspower was like 370 or something and thats with no bending too

oh yea i see, way more expensive. but its also only the 2x45 fittings which has some problems with leaking, so ill just go all ek

24 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

oh yea i see, way more expensive. but its also only the 2x45 fittings which has some problems with leaking, so ill just go all ek

i mean you can do the math your self. make a list or drawing of your loop and then make to trial run shopping carts at your preferred online store and see yourself how much each option would run you. if its 100 vs 150 for example id consider it

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

i mean you can do the math your self. make a list or drawing of your loop and then make to trial run shopping carts at your preferred online store and see yourself how much each option would run you. if its 100 vs 150 for example id consider it

i really like ek and im going to buy everything else from them, this is the first water cooled build im going to build so i really dont want to f**k it up

2 hours ago, seba7661 said:

i am going to do costume water cooling very soon, until now i found all my parts from ekwb but i have heard that thee fittings shouldent be the best and the ones from bitspower should be better. so i just wanna know if i can buy the ones from ek or i should go with bitspower

I've used both and Bitspower are better but can be a bit tricky to use. For soft tubing, there are times where the compression ring doesn't go on properly so it's hard to catch a thread. For hard tubing you need to bevel the ends quite a bit to get them to fit properly.

EK fittings for me looked nice but were a bit of a pain to deal with. First is there's no collar on the fitting itself so the threads can cut your fingers when fitting them on tightly and second if you put the compression ring on too tight and try to take it off the whole fitting will come loose. This is for the soft tube fittings, the hard tube ones seem fine.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, vong said:

I've used both and Bitspower are better but can be a bit tricky to use. For soft tubing, there are times where the compression ring doesn't go on properly so it's hard to catch a thread. For hard tubing you need to bevel the ends quite a bit to get them to fit properly.

EK fittings for me looked nice but were a bit of a pain to deal with. First is there's no collar on the fitting itself so the threads can cut your fingers when fitting them on tightly and second if you put the compression ring on too tight and try to take it off the whole fitting will come loose. This is for the soft tube fittings, the hard tube ones seem fine.

im going to do hardtubing. so you would say that i should go with ek?

2 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

im going to do hardtubing. so you would say that i should go with ek?

Yeah go with EK for hard tubing, just be careful with the threads when screwing them on.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

6 minutes ago, vong said:

Yeah go with EK for hard tubing, just be careful with the threads when screwing them on.

yea, not to hard right?

1 minute ago, seba7661 said:

yea, not to hard right?

I wouldn't say not too hard, maybe use some sort of thin cloth or bit of paper towel over the threads.

Just now, vong said:

I wouldn't say not too hard, maybe use some sort of thin cloth or bit of paper towel over the threads.

to make it more tight? and isnt that going to interfere? 

Just now, seba7661 said:

to make it more tight? and isnt that going to interfere? 

Use it just to protect your fingers that's all.

12 minutes ago, vong said:

Use it just to protect your fingers that's all.

ahh okay, thought you meant inside

I use ek barb and 90's. Bit's compression fittings as they were on sale for 2.99. BOught like 26 of them. I go for price first then looks second. But if you are buying once and know exactly what the look needs, I make them all match as best as possible. Quality pieces either way.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz