Low Fps on League of Legends 1080 FE

Majorhavoc257

I recently just got a 1080 Fe and when i run games like Bf4,  Bf1, Forza 7 etc and get around 150 fps at 1080 but when i run lol my fps is 100- 144 fps but with random frame drops which kinda makes the game hard to play. All drivers are up to date 

1080FE

16Gb @3000

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

That's very strange since your hardware is very good must be a software thing if it started not to long ago as something could have installed it self on to your computer

Just now, Gamerguy207 said:

That's very strange since your hardware is very good must be a software thing if it started not to long ago as something could have installed it self on to your computer

Well i had 2 960 in sli and i had no problem.  But then i installed the 1080 and it started so.

3 minutes ago, Majorhavoc257 said:

Well i had 2 960 in sli and i had no problem.  But then i installed the 1080 and it started so.

ddu and reinstall drivers

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Full specs?

Also, did you run a virus scan?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

41 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Full specs?

Also, did you run a virus scan?

Asus z270F

16gb corsair dominator @ 3000

gtx 1080 FE

960 evo m.2

thermaltake 850 watt psu

and yes i take care of my system with bi-weekly virus scans

4 hours ago, Majorhavoc257 said:

yes i did

you ran DDU as well?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Have you monitored the GPU whilst playing League? Not all games are deemed taxing enough by GPU Boost 3.0 on Pascal cards, so clocks don’t ramp up in lesser demanding games. I bet if you were playing it at 1440p or 4K you would see 300+ FPS. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.95GHz [1.365v] // Mobo: ASRock B350 Pro4 // GPU: EVGA GTX1070 8GB SC Black Edition

Case: NZXT S340 Elite // Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 // RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3066MHz // Misc: NZXT Hue+

Storage: WD Green 120GB M.2, SK HyniX 250GB SSD, Samsung Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate 3TB 7200RPM // PSU: Corsair RM750X

CPU-Z Validation // Userbenchmark // PC Part Picker

4 hours ago, mmCharles said:

Not all games are deemed taxing enough by GPU Boost 3.0 on Pascal cards

My money is on this as well.

Try putting more work on the GPU in League. The best way to do this is download Nvidia Inspector, go to the League of Legends profile, set the AA compatibility bits to Diablo 3, and force the game to use 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

3 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

My money is on this as well.

Try putting more work on the GPU in League. The best way to do this is download Nvidia Inspector, go to the League of Legends profile, set the AA compatibility bits to Diablo 3, and force the game to use 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA.

Will try this and report back

so  i did try this an it made a slight difference so i had an idea,  what if i slow my gpu down by under clocking it by 600 mhz.  and it worked gpu load is up to 50% now

26 minutes ago, Majorhavoc257 said:

so  i did try this an it made a slight difference so i had an idea,  what if i slow my gpu down by under clocking it by 600 mhz.  and it worked gpu load is up to 50% now

Lowering the GPU clock seems like a pretty round about way of fixing the issue.

Do you still have the problem if you enable 4x SGSSAA and leave vsync and FPS cap disabled?

Also, are you playing borderless or fullscreen?

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

On 11/30/2017 at 2:18 PM, Frankenburger said:

Lowering the GPU clock seems like a pretty round about way of fixing the issue.

Do you still have the problem if you enable 4x SGSSAA and leave vsync and FPS cap disabled?

Also, are you playing borderless or fullscreen?

I couldn't figure out how to enable that but I leave FPS uncapped and vsync off in fullscreen and get drops

Seems like BS to have to try and fix issues like this in games with top hardware.

Meanwhile I plug in my 1060 6Gb and games just work as intended. I was thinking about building a strictly gaming/editing PC though but not sure yet on what I would want.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:35 PM, Majorhavoc257 said:

I couldn't figure out how to enable that but I leave FPS uncapped and vsync off in fullscreen and get drops

If you launch Inspector and click the wrench icon, or run Nvidia Profile Inspector, load the League of Legends profile, match the Antialiasing Compatibility, Antialiasing Behavior Flags, Antialiasing Mode, Antialising Setting, and Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling to match the below image and apply (basically everything that's shown in black, excluding SLI of course)

Edit: The original image was removed. Here's a new link to the image of the NV Inspector settings I recommend.

bYUGPUh.png

Edited by Frankenburger

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

3 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

If you launch Inspector and click the wrench icon, or run Nvidia Profile Inspector, load the League of Legends profile, match the Antialiasing Compatibility, Antialiasing Behavior Flags, Antialiasing Mode, Antialising Setting, and Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling to match the below image and apply (basically everything that's shown in black)

2rtOJt3.png

Thank you,  It solved the problem

1 minute ago, Majorhavoc257 said:

Thank you,  It solved the problem

You're welcome. Glad to hear it helped :D

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

• 6 months later...
On 12/1/2017 at 10:25 PM, Frankenburger said:

If you launch Inspector and click the wrench icon, or run Nvidia Profile Inspector, load the League of Legends profile, match the Antialiasing Compatibility, Antialiasing Behavior Flags, Antialiasing Mode, Antialising Setting, and Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling to match the below image and apply (basically everything that's shown in black)

2rtOJt3.png

I am sorry for reviving this thread, but I am having a similar issue and wanted to try the recommendation that you gave but the image no longer exists. I did some Google searches and found nothing. If you don't mind, can you help me out? I have a gtx 1080 and the issue is also with league of legends. 

On 30/11/2017 at 12:57 AM, Majorhavoc257 said:

I recently just got a 1080 Fe and when i run games like Bf4,  Bf1, Forza 7 etc and get around 150 fps at 1080 but when i run lol my fps is 100- 144 fps but with random frame drops which kinda makes the game hard to play. All drivers are up to date 

1080FE

16Gb @3000

google: game optimization

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 hours ago, Sandakli said:

I am sorry for reviving this thread, but I am having a similar issue and wanted to try the recommendation that you gave but the image no longer exists. I did some Google searches and found nothing. If you don't mind, can you help me out? I have a gtx 1080 and the issue is also with league of legends. 

unknown.png

Try this first.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

3 hours ago, D2ultima said:

unknown.png

Try this first.

Thank you for the reply. When I first opened the profile inspector, the settings shown in your screenshot were the same as mine, except for the CUDA-Force P2 State. Changing it to off had no effect. At start of the game, I am at 1560 fps then drops to around 75-90 10 minutes in. During this time the GPU does not exceed 13%.

11 hours ago, Sandakli said:

Sorry about that. The image was removed when I was cleaning my imgur uploads. I'll upload a new image and link it when I get off work.

In the mean time, the fix was to load up the League of Legends profile, set the DX9 AA compatibility to Diablo 3, set the AA behavior to none, aa mode to overwrite, aa setting to 4x, and aa supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler