Wrong resolution for the display.

YellowPizzav2

Hi, my grandfather's computer rocks an AMD Radeon HD 4200 with integrated graphics which drivers are not updated to Windows 10 (And can't be, AMD doesn't support them anymore). 

The problem at hand is that his screen did some weird things after the windows creators update, because of this (or something, doesn't really matter since the issue is present) his only screen options for that display is 1920x1440, which is very weird to me since the screen is 1920x1080. After a bit of googling, they told me to enter the Advanced Options in the display settings. To change the aspect ration which I assume is the issue. Nowhere to be found. More googling and I find out that I need to update his graphics. After a while a find out that there is no Windows 10 driver for that chip. Which gets me concerned and I'm now turning to my last resort, you guys. Please help!

Best Regards

Max

You did a pretty good job. I'd advise you to try installing an older driver. for windows 8 or 7, if possible. you've got nothing to loose. I bet some of the older drivers already include all the updates you need.

Just now, Light-Yagami said:

You did a pretty good job. I'd advise you to try installing an older driver. for windows 8 or 7, if possible. you've got nothing to loose. I bet some of the older drivers already include all the updates you need.

Thanks, I'll try that!

Just now, Yellowpizza said:

Thanks, I'll try that!

Completely uninstall the old driver before manually installing the new one.

Just now, Light-Yagami said:

Completely uninstall the old driver before manually installing the new one.

Okey!

1 hour ago, Yellowpizza said:

And can't be, AMD doesn't support them anymore

the driver you're looking for installs automatically through windows update . All radeon HD series cards have a proper windows 10 driver , thats why even my old 3870x2 works fine under windows 10 , even the 2000 series uses the same driver.

you have to leave the the gpu driver unloaded and just let windows update install it.

the driver would be the 8.970.100.9001  driver for legacy ati gpus