More than one power supply?

C130113146

So I have an MSI 970 motherboard and an Fx 8320 CPU

I also have a 410W power supply and a 275W power supply. 

The motherboard needs a 24 pin and an 8 pin for the CPU. The 410 only has a 20 pin and a 4 pin but the 275 has a 24 pin and a 4 pin. 

The question I'm asking is could I use the 275W to power the motherboard and put the 4 pin in the 8 pin socket and use the 4 pin on the 410 to power the other half of the 8 pin socket?

If by any chance you are completly lost I can try to explain better

Also, I know I could go buy a 20 pin to 24 pin but that still doesn't solve my need for an 8 pin. I wanna do this without spending anything.

No, you cannot. The connectors are keyed differently, so they won't even both fit in the connector. If you don't have a PSU that has an 8-pin CPU power connector, you're going to need to get one. Be sure not to cheap out on one.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

No, you cannot. The connectors are keyed differently, so they won't even both fit in the connector. If you don't have a PSU that has an 8-pin CPU power connector, you're going to need to get one. Be sure not to cheap out on one.

Alright, thanks for the info :D

in theory you can bodge together two power supplies, but for the love of god dont. if you cheap out on your power supply "solution" and it makes things go thermonuclear, add up the cost of replacing all the parts in your system before you realise how silly it is to cut corners on a power supply.

It's not that hard to link up two psus if you know what you are doing. You only need an adapter cable. Miners do it all the time. However, it is also quite easy to start a comfy little fire this way.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

in theory you can bodge together two power supplies, but for the love of god dont. if you cheap out on your power supply "solution" and it makes things go thermonuclear, add up the cost of replacing all the parts in your system before you realise how silly it is to cut corners on a power supply.

It wouldn't even work here (without some soldering and weird wiring or money which OP says is a no) because of the ways the connectors are made.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2