cheaping out

I want to get a APEX AL-8250SFX 250 Watt PSU to power a 147 Watt system. would this do the trick? Its not my daily driver PC and i would use it for things so light the PC would probably only consume 100 Watts

As long as the pc truly consumes 147 watts,  you're fine.  So yes. 

It's like asking if I have 20 gallons of water, can I consume 14?

Just now, Donny_Chen said:

As long as the pc truly consumes 147 watts,  you're fine.  So yes. 

It's like asking if I have 20 gallons of water, can I consume 14?

im more questioning the quality of the PSU, not the wattage

11 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

im more questioning the quality of the PSU, not the wattage

The psu obviously isn't the best but it is not one of the ones that is known to light on fire. It wont be the best but it should be fine to use.

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

20 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

I want to get a APEX AL-8250SFX 250 Watt PSU to power a 147 Watt system. would this do the trick? Its not my daily driver PC and i would use it for things so light the PC would probably only consume 100 Watts

Get this just to be safe. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148062&cm_re=SFX_Power_supplys-_-17-148-062-_-Product

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

no no no no no....  Those are HORRIBLE PSUs.  What in the world are you thinking??!!??

18 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

no no no no no....  Those are HORRIBLE PSUs.  What in the world are you thinking??!!??

im fully aware they are not very high quality. But i will also not be using this PC a lot, and dont have much money to spend. This is not my daily driver, hell, its not even a driver. Its a PC that im putting in a desk as a project for fun, but i at least want it to run

4 minutes ago, NovaMan01 said:

im fully aware they are not very high quality. But i will also not be using this PC a lot, and dont have much money to spend. This is not my daily driver, hell, its not even a driver. Its a PC that im putting in a desk as a project for fun, but i at least want it to run

desk project for fun? Fire away.

If it explodes then you'll know it's probably a bit dodge. But for a fun project run it. See what happens.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III