Gtx 1050 ti or rx 560 w/ freesync

Ironi
Go to solution Solved by jorenc,
Just now, Wulfje said:

SO what Should i go for

Calling all AMD fanboys!!!

I would recommend the 1050 ti. Until 2017, the Intel/Nvidia combo was at the top (for like 5+ years) so a lot of current software is still optimised for Nvidia cards (DX11 is still far more common than DX12). In terms of consistency, the 1050 ti will offer a better all around performance

So i want to game again. Planning to build a pc. I was thinking.. the gtx 1050 ti is the perfect 75 fps high settings gpu for me. But gsync is fuckduply overpriced. So Why not go with a rx 560 and freesync with medium settings..? What would you do? Tear down settings and freesync 75hz? Or high settings and 75hz monitor with gtx 1050 ti.

Soon building: Shardedge

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz

CASE Corsair Crystal 460x

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

2 minutes ago, Wulfje said:

So i want to game again. Planning to build a pc. I was thinking.. the gtx 1050 ti is the perfect 75 fps high settings gpu for me. But gsync is fuckduply overpriced. So Why not go with a rx 560 and freesync with medium settings..? What would you do? Tear down settings and freesync 75hz? Or high settings and 75hz monitor with gtx 1050 ti.

Assuming you're playing at 1080p, what games do you plan on playing exactly?

1 minute ago, Wulfje said:

Fuckduply xD

Honestly, it depends on if the games you play have DX12 or Vulkan. AMD cards beat out Nvidia with this API, but they're still pretty expensive with this mining bullshit (getting better though!). 

If you play mostly DX11 games though, the 1050 ti will probably work better for you. At this price point, G-sync and Freesync won't make THAT much of a difference.

BTW this is assuming you're playing at 1080p

5 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Assuming you're playing at 1080p, what games do you plan on playing exactly?

Cod ww2, Rainbow six siege as main game, battlegrounds 

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

6 minutes ago, jorenc said:

Fuckduply xD

Honestly, it depends on if the games you play have DX12 or Vulkan. AMD cards beat out Nvidia with this API, but they're still pretty expensive with this mining bullshit (getting better though!). 

If you play mostly DX11 games though, the 1050 ti will probably work better for you. At this price point, G-sync and Freesync won't make THAT much of a difference.

BTW this is assuming you're playing at 1080p

1080p Yeah. Rainbow six siege as main game, cod ww2, battlegrounds

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

Just now, Wulfje said:

Well, I play none of these games so I can't tell you what API they use xD

just go to settings, and if you see DX 12 or Vulkan go with the RX 560 (4 Gb model!!!!!!!) and if it's DX 11, the 1050 ti will be more consistently good

2 minutes ago, Wulfje said:

Siege is pretty well optimised to be fair, should be okay with that. Battlegrounds is poorly optimised, and even with a 1070 my frames are all over the place. As for WW2, I'm not sure. I would say you'd be fine at medium/high, with a few fancy settings dialled down a bit.

2 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Siege is pretty well optimised to be fair, should be okay with that. Battlegrounds is poorly optimised, and even with a 1070 my frames are all over the place. As for WW2, I'm not sure. I would say you'd be fine at medium/high, with a few fancy settings dialled down a bit.

With what card

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

4 minutes ago, jorenc said:

Well, I play none of these games so I can't tell you what API they use xD

just go to settings, and if you see DX 12 or Vulkan go with the RX 560 (4 Gb model!!!!!!!) and if it's DX 11, the 1050 ti will be more consistently good

Amd beats nvidea at Rainbow six. Is the rx 560 4gb better than 1050 to with dc 12 or vulkan in it?

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

Just now, Wulfje said:

Amd beats nvidea at Rainbow six. Is the rx 560 4gb better than 1050 to with dc 12 or vulkan in it?

Well if it's a major beating in siege, I'd say AMD is your guy. 

Keep in mind though that the 1050 ti is a better card; it's also $70 more (at least where I am). The saving grace of the 560 is that there are things like Freesync, Vulkan, and DX12. The 4 Gb vs 2 Gb is just that you'll be getting worse performance (on an already low end card) just because your card doesn't have enough memory.

2 minutes ago, jorenc said:

Well if it's a major beating in siege, I'd say AMD is your guy. 

Keep in mind though that the 1050 ti is a better card; it's also $70 more (at least where I am). The saving grace of the 560 is that there are things like Freesync, Vulkan, and DX12. The 4 Gb vs 2 Gb is just that you'll be getting worse performance (on an already low end card) just because your card doesn't have enough memory.

SO what Should i go for

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

Just now, Wulfje said:

SO what Should i go for

Calling all AMD fanboys!!!

I would recommend the 1050 ti. Until 2017, the Intel/Nvidia combo was at the top (for like 5+ years) so a lot of current software is still optimised for Nvidia cards (DX11 is still far more common than DX12). In terms of consistency, the 1050 ti will offer a better all around performance