Running Multiple Fans off of One Header

MRC380
Go to solution Solved by Theguywhobea,
1 minute ago, MRC380 said:

Is there any way for me to check just to be safe? I feel like with my luck it would ruin my motherboard, lol

Email the support people at Asus and ask what the headers are rated for in terms of wattage, fine out how many watts each of your fans use, if they use less you're fine, if they use more you're probably still fine but hey, it's up to you.

My motherboard is the Asus B350-prime plus mobo. I want to know if I can run 2 of my rosewill case fans off of one header using a fan splitter that I bought without frying the header or motherboard.

Here is my case:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147254&cm_re=rosewill_nautilus-_-11-147-254-_-Product

It does not specify how much amps the fans use and asus does not provide how much amps the header can take.

The two front fans that I want to run off of a header are LED's, if that makes a difference.

Yeah you should be fine to run two fans off a single header, I run a 120 and a 200 off one header in my machine currently.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

unless you have crazy fans that draw a ton of power like high rpm server fans, you are good with a splitter. I run 2 fans off each of my 5 fan headers and never had a problem.

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."

3 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah you should be fine to run two fans off a single header, I run a 120 and a 200 off one header in my machine currently.

Is there any way for me to check just to be safe? I feel like with my luck it would ruin my motherboard, lol

1 minute ago, MRC380 said:

Email the support people at Asus and ask what the headers are rated for in terms of wattage, fine out how many watts each of your fans use, if they use less you're fine, if they use more you're probably still fine but hey, it's up to you.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

7 minutes ago, MRC380 said:

you arn't going to kill the fan header unless there is a short in the fan. If they require to much power they just wont spin. 

main system build --> i7-7700K (at 5.0 ghz), MSI Z270 SLI Motherboard, corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 2666mhz,  costume liquid cooling loop with 360 mm radiator on CPU, GTX 1080 gigabyte windforce OC, 1TB WD drive, 128 gb samsung nvme m.2, EVGA 850 watt semi modular power supply, CM storm stryker case (ya not ideal for costume loop), VIOTEK GN34C 34 inch curved monitor <----

Spoiler

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world."