Radiator placement

Hey guys, I've got a question concerning the radiator placement in the Corsair 750d case. 

I'm building a pc with the Hydro H115i AiO cooler and I don't know where to place the rad. There is place in the front of the case or at the top, also with configuration is best? Push/pull? Should I have it as an intake or exhaust? 

So far I've thought about having the rad at the top with a pull configuration as an intake? - then I'll have the dual 140mm front fans as intake aswell as the top fans so the rad gets fresh air. - But that would also leave the case with only one exhaust at the back (140mm). But to take into consideration... the case is pretty large so perhaps extra positive flow is a good thing? I don't know.. 

Anyways thx! 

I would go with top as exhaust. Airflow from front intake will have minimal to zero restriction that so your air pressure would still be positive or at least neutral.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

8 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

I would go with top as exhaust. Airflow from front intake will have minimal to zero restriction that so your air pressure would still be positive or at least neutral.

If I go with the top as exhaust, wouldn't the cpu suffer from a higher temperature since I'm pulling hot air through the radiator? 

Always exhaust on my rigs. Hated front mount but I no longer use aio's.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

13 hours ago, Sebbe218 said:

If I go with the top as exhaust, wouldn't the cpu suffer from a higher temperature since I'm pulling hot air through the radiator? 

That would happen if you put the fans as intake, he recommended to put the fans as exhaust meaning pushing the hot air out of the case throught the top.

There really is no need for push/pull but if that is what you want just make sure you have the clearance on the top for it and if you do the push pull you would put both sets of fans as exhaust to push the air out of the case.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I've done both in many different setups, and the difference is usually minimal. Most of the time, but not always, you will get slightly lower, maybe a degree or two, by placing it in the front, as you are bringing cool air through radiator. The trade off is, you get higher ambient temps and possibly higher GPU temps depending how it's cooled. If you place it up top as an exhaust, your ambient air will be cooler, but then you would be pulling warm air through the radiator as it exits the top.

Personally, I think more important than placement is orientation. Example, if you place it up top use it as an exhaust, or as an intake up front. Me personally, I prefer the front. I generally include the GPU in my loops, so I don't have to worry as much about having Warmer intake air.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |