Differend RAM version

Simon771

Right now I'm using this RAM: https://www.caseking.de/corsair-vengeance-lpx-series-weiss-ddr4-3200-cl-16-16-gb-dual-kit-mecs-282.html

It's version 5.39, and I'm wondering if I should buy another kit ... but my vendor can't guarantee if I will get version 5.39 or something else.

If I'm not mistaken, differend versions have differend die type ... 5.39 is Hynix, 4.xx is B-die etc.

Would it be okay to run Hynix with some other RAM type aswell?

Since I'm using Intel build, I assume there shouldn't be any big problems with RAM, but just want to make sure.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I've had weird issue's mixing & matching my Corsair LP kit with Kingston memory.

It isn't guaranteed to work, but that doesn't mean it will not.

When it doesn't, maybe your seller/store allows you to send it back? In Belgium we can often do this free of charge.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

3 hours ago, Sfekke said:

I've had weird issue's mixing & matching my Corsair LP kit with Kingston memory.

It isn't guaranteed to work, but that doesn't mean it will not.

When it doesn't, maybe your seller/store allows you to send it back? In Belgium we can often do this free of charge.

Well you used 2 totally differend brands, so I would expect that.

But in my case I would be buying same type of RAM ... it's now only question which version will I get.

Version 5.39 is Hynix, while 4.31 is Samsung B-die.

I'm now just wondering if I can have 2 stick of Hynix and 2 sticks of Samsung B-die in same PC without any problems. Timings and frequency should be all the same.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Really no one has ever tried using b-die and hynix ram in same build?

WD My Cloud 4TB

It'll work fine almost 100%. Mixing RAM is very common. There may be some instability issues if you ever OC the memory however since it'll have different capabilities

That's an F in the profile pic

1 hour ago, Froody129 said:

It'll work fine almost 100%. Mixing RAM is very common. There may be some instability issues if you ever OC the memory however since it'll have different capabilities

I was just wondering if there is anyone who is using both Hyynix and samsung b-die in same build to be sure before I go ahead and pay that ridiculous price for additional RAM.

WD My Cloud 4TB

5 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I was just wondering if there is anyone who is using both Hyynix and samsung b-die in same build to be sure before I go ahead and pay that ridiculous price for additional RAM.

Well it’ll work but unless you’re working everyday on programs that actually NEED 32GB RAM I wouldn’t bother with more until prices settle down (about a year- year and a half). 16 is plenty 

That's an F in the profile pic

19 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Well it’ll work but unless you’re working everyday on programs that actually NEED 32GB RAM I wouldn’t bother with more until prices settle down (about a year- year and a half). 16 is plenty 

Yeah 16 is plenty for normal users ... I'm running 2 Hyper-V VMs, so I'm in desperate need of another 16GB as soon as possible ... won't be wait that long for prices to maybe slow down.

WD My Cloud 4TB

41 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I've never mixed ram but I agree with Froody, it should work fine. Overclocking may be a bit troublesome. One kit may overclock better than the other, but if left at XMP and the timings are identical, I can't see why it would matter. With ram prices so high right now, there may be a good opportunity to sell your current kit on craigslist or something and simply purchase two new kits. Perhaps the vendor can guarantee the same version if you buy both at the same time.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz