H100i on i7 8700k

Hey guys,

So I’m in the process of building a new pc. I just ordered an i7 8700k and an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E gaming mobo. I’m curious if I’ll be able to recycle my H100i from my older pc which has an AMD Fx 8350 in it. If not what will I need to buy? Do they sell mounting brackets or am I gonna need a whole new cooler?

the H100i should have an 1151 mounting bracket included, if you still have the accessories that came with your cooler it should be in there, my h100i V2 shipped with the 1151 bracket preinstalled, if you wanted to go AMD you had to swap to the AM3 bracket

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

the H100i should have an 1151 mounting bracket included, if you still have the accessories that came with your cooler it should be in there, my h100i V2 shipped with the 1151 bracket preinstalled, if you wanted to go AMD you had to swap to the AM3 bracket

I’m not sure if there’s a difference but I don’t think I have the v2 I’ve had my 100i for about 2+ years now. And I don’t have the accessories lol hopefully it’s sold separately.

I am in a very similar situation lol, ordered the same mobo, same CPU, but my cooler is H110i instead of H100i. So I have done some research.

Although their manual don't say it supports 1151, but the Corsair official website stated it support 1151.

I have also checked on the forum, people also says it support 1151.

I going to try their fb page to see if I can get a respond from them.