Fullscreen issues

Intel HD Graphics
Go to solution Solved by Sfekke,

If it happens in some games but not all :

Try updating your drivers.

If you run on a OEM machines, eg : Lenovo/HP/Dell/etc the one included are ancient. (Especially for Intel Graphics)

When it happens in all games, maybe consider a clean reinstall of Windows or use the built in Windows 10 Restore.

EDIT :

Just checked @Intel HD Graphics profile, sorry for the miscommunication. He listed he's hardware on there.
You run a 1050Ti, same thing but just install GeForce Experience and update the drivers through there.

That most likely fixes the issue, if not follow some troubleshooting :

Try running the game in a different resolution, see if full screen works when you do that.

Try running on 1 Display only and turn off any scaling.

Try using another output on your Graphics Card, ex: DVI or another DP/HDMI output.

Hopefully that brings some light to the issue, if not I can think of a few more things that could be the culprit.

When i fullscreen games they either crash or it doesent work. eg in gta when i go fullscreen it does to windowed and when i set it to windowed boarder less it goes fullscreen ? please help

If you run on a OEM machines, eg : Lenovo/HP/Dell/etc the one included are ancient. (Especially for Intel Graphics)

When it happens in all games, maybe consider a clean reinstall of Windows or use the built in Windows 10 Restore.

EDIT :

Just checked @Intel HD Graphics profile, sorry for the miscommunication. He listed he's hardware on there.
You run a 1050Ti, same thing but just install GeForce Experience and update the drivers through there.

Try running the game in a different resolution, see if full screen works when you do that.

Try using another output on your Graphics Card, ex: DVI or another DP/HDMI output.

Hopefully that brings some light to the issue, if not I can think of a few more things that could be the culprit.

Edited by Sfekke
Miscommunication

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

20 hours ago, Sfekke said:

EDIT :

i am still getting the same problem

You could still try to reinstall Windows.

EDIT :

Before doing this read my next post, there might be another way without reinstall Windows.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Wait a bit before you reinstall Windows!

I googled some for you, and found this on a Toms Hardware Post : 

"Go to the nvidia control pannel --> display --> Adjust desktop size and position.
You will see options for adjusting scaling, I set mine to "no scaling" and it fixed it. Try "fullscreen" as well if that did not work for you. Hope this helps."

I fixed a similar issue like yours by also doing this.

You can access the NVIDIA Control Panel by Right-Clicking on the Desktop.

Option 2 would be DDU (DisplayDriverUninstaller)

Using that tool it removes every bit of the driver, preferences, left over files, etc.
Things the normal uninstall process keeps.

I'll look around some more & think for a while what else you could try.
What I know is that my RX480 also had similar issue's, and both my GTX980's also refused fullscreen at some point.

Edited by Sfekke
Second Option added, gives OP more ways to fix the issue.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*