help me find a mechanical keyboard please

Heatwolf

Hi,

can anyone recommend a mechanical keyboard for me because i have no idea what's decent.

I am willing to pay ~70€, it should have a german layout and at least blue background lighting would be cool.

The look should be plain and simple, nothing with weird edges and shapes.

Also can someone explain what the black / blue / red switches mean? From what i can tell it has something to do with how

much force you need to press the button... Should i just get the standard one and which one is that? I play a lot of MOBA-

games if that is relevant... Edit: Thx for telling me what the colours mean. I think I'd like a blue switch.

Thank you!

M

7 minutes ago, Heatwolf said:

Hi,

can anyone recommend a mechanical keyboard for me because i have no idea what's decent.

I am willing to pay ~70€, it should have a german layout and at least blue background lighting would be cool.

The look should be plain and simple, nothing with weird edges and shapes.

Also can someone explain what the black / blue / red switches mean? From what i can tell it has something to do with how

much force you need to press the button... Should i just get the standard one and which one is that? I play a lot of MOBA-

games if that is relevant...

Thank you!

M

Blue switches are clicky/tactile

Black switches are basically in between

Red switches are the quietest and need the least amount of force.

Do you need shortcut keys or any other stuff?

The diffrence between the switches are the actuation point, travel distance, tactile bump, and audible level. They all depend on your preference. 

Here's a video about the different switches. As of the keyboard, I couldn't find any in your price point, so I would just recommend getting a standard layout, as they will be cheaper.

26 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Just a reminder: that's about 96$ and I'm quite sure some of the best ones fit into the budget.

31 minutes ago, Reem1k said:

Just a reminder: that's about 96$ and I'm quite sure some of the best ones fit into the budget.

I personally use the G710+ Blue that I got on sale for only 25 dollars. German layout keyboards seem to very expensive from what I've seen. I'd say to just way till one is on sale and buy it, as a great keyboard is not a requirement to be good at video games. 

10 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

I personally use the G710+ Blue that I got on sale for only 25 dollars. German layout keyboards seem to very expensive from what I've seen. I'd say to just way till one is on sale and buy it, as a great keyboard is not a requirement to be good at video games. 

Doesn't really have to be german. Could be scandinavian layout, Estonian, Finnish or maybe even Swedish or Norwegian. Stickers are also an option, but not as good.