H100i Noise Problem

I installed the H100i and there is a constant buzzing, electrical like sound. I looked this up and it's not the noise problem most people have with H100i's which is a rattling sound. This is a constant buzzing vibration like sound. I tried applying pressure with my hand to see if it wasn't seated properly but it didn't help. Does anyone know of this problem and a solution to this problem? Do I have a defective unit?

Lower pump RPM, see if that fixes anything. If anything, that has to be mounting.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Lower pump RPM, see if that fixes anything. If anything, that has to be mounting.

That's also another problem. Corsair link has a mind of its own. It stops detecting the H100i at random times so it's hard to lower the RPM. 

But what does lowering the pump RPM do? Does it just lower the rate at which the coolant is circulated?

I have the same problem with my H80i. It bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzz bzzzzz off then on. It still works fine but makes a lot of noise. Ill be replacing it with a full custom loop soon so im just going to leave it. I would call corsair.

That's also another problem. Corsair link has a mind of its own. It stops detecting the H100i at random times so it's hard to lower the RPM. 

But what does lowering the pump RPM do? Does it just lower the rate at which the coolant is circulated?

Yes. If anything, I'd suggest getting a 240L which is a rebranded H220. Much more reliable. 

But if anything, try reseating properly.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I installed the H100i and there is a constant buzzing, electrical like sound. I looked this up and it's not the noise problem most people have with H100i's which is a rattling sound. This is a constant buzzing vibration like sound. I tried applying pressure with my hand to see if it wasn't seated properly but it didn't help. Does anyone know of this problem and a solution to this problem? Do I have a defective unit?

seeing your post about push/pull on your arc midi raises some questions of my own

and might point to the issue you might be having.

are you using washers under the radiator to roof screws? if so, the roof panel might

be loose and making the buzzing noise. if no washers all the bolts are installed?

does the noise disappear when the fans are stopped?

seeing that the link is interrupted, you might look into switching the USB connection

on the motherboard to another port. might re-establish the link and the fan controller

might respond. earlier units had a buzz in the fan controller that was fixed with a

firmware update.

seeing your post about push/pull on your arc midi raises some questions of my own

and might point to the issue you might be having.

are you using washers under the radiator to roof screws? if so, the roof panel might

be loose and making the buzzing noise. if no washers all the bolts are installed?

does the noise disappear when the fans are stopped?

seeing that the link is interrupted, you might look into switching the USB connection

on the motherboard to another port. might re-establish the link and the fan controller

might respond. earlier units had a buzz in the fan controller that was fixed with a

firmware update.

Thanks for the help.

I tried to see if the case was buzzing and that's not the issue, and yes I am using the washers. 

In terms of Corsair link glitching out I did exactly what you told me and it seems to work, Every now and then I have to switch to a different USB header to get connection to link. As for a firmware update, I'm trying to find one. My H100i is using 1.0.5

Thanks for the help.

I tried to see if the case was buzzing and that's not the issue, and yes I am using the washers. 

In terms of Corsair link glitching out I did exactly what you told me and it seems to work, Every now and then I have to switch to a different USB header to get connection to link. As for a firmware update, I'm trying to find one. My H100i is using 1.0.5

Firmware updates H80i/H100i Coolers F/W Ver 1.07

might wanna look to this on the corsair forums website.

The Firmware is listed below Version 1.07 for H80i and H100i Coolers.

This Version corrects detection problems when connected to Corsair Link Commander

If your cooler is working properly DO NOT do this update it is released to help solve a specific issue and not everyone will have to do this update.

Note: Before you do this update please delete any saved Profiles and load the default profile and reboot the system and let the Link software stand running for at least 1 whole Minute before you proceed with the Update.

The Cooler will also have to be connected to the included Link USB Dongle and cannot be updated when connected to the Corsair Link Commander.

looks like something to look into..