4 GPU mining rig random crashes.

I have a 4 gpu mining rig that runs stable, but maybe every two weeks or so it crashes and restarts the pc. Since I have the rig in another location it's a big inconvenience to restart it. I have my gpu's separated by enough distance so that heat is not an issue. I'm not sure what is causing the crashes, but from what I can tell other people have this issue and use scripts to restart the mining software. Does anyone know what these scripts are or how to make one? Does anyone have any solutions to the crashing? Am I doing something wrong here? 

If you stress a pc like that for so long, it is gonna cause instability. Consumer stuff is not designed for these workloads. So yes it will crash.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

If you stress a pc like that for so long, it is gonna cause instability. Consumer stuff is not designed for these workloads. So yes it will crash.

how do i get the mining software to restart once the pc restarts?

2 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

no idea

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

I suggest doing some research, watch some videos. you can start out with BitsBeTrippin i'm sure in a couple of his videos he talks about coding restarts in.

1 hour ago, Pachuca said:

The easiest way is to put them in start up. In the UEFI you should be able to set the PC to automatically turn itself back on after a crash or power failure. then you have your user account automatically log in and windows will just run the miners as part of the start up sequence. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Ben Quigley said:

The easiest way is to put them in start up. In the UEFI you should be able to set the PC to automatically turn itself back on after a crash or power failure. then you have your user account automatically log in and windows will just run the miners as part of the start up sequence. 

Thanks. I'll have to find out how to add it to start up sequence.

Just now, Pachuca said:

Thanks. I'll have to find out how to add it to start up sequence.

It's easy, you just create a shortcut to your miner .exe and add them to the start up file. 

Windows 7/8/10:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240