Pc running slow

Go to solution Solved by Aidanlockett1,
Just now, Hamface55 said:

Not really. I really only play rainbow six siege, csgo, pubg and battlefield 4 at the moment

if your only gonna use google chrome on ur ssd a 120gb is fine/with a few games 250 is great for games and 275+ is really good. keep ur big games on the hdds if u get a 120 i have a 120 and i only play csgo on it and its fast as fuck boy

Hello,

I recently got a new gpu (gtx 1060) and cpu. (fx-8350) Ever since I installed them my pc has been running very slow. It takes 30 seconds to open up chrome! I am not sure why. I have x2 1tb 7200RPM hardrives, GTX 1060, FX-8350, 8gb ddr3.

I have even cleaned out my pc. My main hardrive has 681gb free and my second has 443gb free. Not sure what is the problem. Could I get some help?

Thanks,

Dylan

Hello,

I recently got a new gpu (gtx 1060) and cpu. (fx-8350) Ever since I installed them my pc has been running very slow. It takes 30 seconds to open up chrome! I am not sure why. I have x2 1tb 7200RPM hardrives, GTX 1060, FX-8350, 8gb ddr3.

I have even cleaned out my pc. My main hardrive has 681gb free and my second has 443gb free. Not sure what is the problem. Could I get some help?

Thanks,

Dylan

its your hard drive. if they are old thats probably why. also make sure you have minimal background processes. please buy an ssd, i have a nearly identical system and an ssd is a great addition

Just now, Aidanlockett1 said:

its your hard drive. if they are old thats probably why. also make sure you have minimal background processes. please buy an ssd, i have a nearly identical system and an ssd is a great addition

How big of a ssd would you recommend?

How big of a ssd would you recommend?

are you playing a lot of big games?

Not really. I really only play rainbow six siege, csgo, pubg and battlefield 4 at the moment

if your only gonna use google chrome on ur ssd a 120gb is fine/with a few games 250 is great for games and 275+ is really good. keep ur big games on the hdds if u get a 120 i have a 120 and i only play csgo on it and its fast as fuck boy

Just now, Aidanlockett1 said:

Ok thanks!!!!!

Ok thanks!!!!!

np, i would personally suggest a crucial 2.5 inch 275gb ssd because you get about 240/250 gbs of free space for games (os and formatting takes some) for about 100 bucks its a steal and its a good quality ssd

have you got the drives configured for raid-0 that would also speed things up loads 

i would put both 1tb drives as strip raid and have a ssd to boot from 

also if you install a ssd turn indexing off 

Capture.PNG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels#RAID_0

2x 120gb ssd raid-0 will be faster then 1x 250 gb ssd 

make sure you use the fastest SATA ports as some motherboards have 2x6gb/s ports and then all others are 3gb/s  check your motherboard manual ;)

i have been told also that having the sata cables twisted can effect the speeds so as a rule i try and keep the cables flat and tidy 

also this will require you to format both drives and freshly install windows and your games but you will feel the difference 

12 hours ago, neitzches-pctech said:

Did you get round to trying this out yet ?

Yeah. I have done that before too. It really doesn't help that much because I do not have a lot of space used in my main hardrive. Thanks for the suggestion though I appreciate it. 

im not sure what you mean it would defiantly help as it would double the bandwidth of you drives and make things load a lot faster, space on the harddrive would not really be an issue if you read the Wikipedia entry it will clear things up for you