I think I broke something.

Delta5ff

I have 2 980ti in sli that I want to upgrade to a single 1080ti. So to aid in selling them on the 17th of this month I took them out and gave them a quick dusting so I can get some pictures to help sell. I put everything back together and ran some benchmarks to show what they are capable of.

The next day i noticed that the reset button cable had detached from the mobo. Oh well i never use that button anyway. Since then i have been using my computer just fine playing games and wasting time on YouTube. Then today out of nowhere when I boot up it is set to the lowest resolution possible, and the Nvidia control panel is not accessible from right click on desktop. I have managed to get it back to my normal resolution.

I try updating my Nvidia drivers and it makes me reset the computer to which the drivers still have the option to install an update. I'e updated mydtivrrs about 3 times today. The fans on the gpu' spin up when I turn the computer on and my monitor is still pluggd into them. But from every thing I can tell the system does not think that the cards are actually there.

I've reopened the case and made sure everything is connected properly. I even reattached the reset cable but I've had no luck getting it to detect my cards.

Any ideas?

14 minutes ago, Delta5ff said:

Reinstalling windows is the fastest way to fix software issues.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

11 minutes ago, Zucchini said:

did you put the SLI bridge back on?

Yes. It was all working fine until today

10 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Reinstalling windows is the fastest way to fix software issues.

it what world would ypu need to reinstall windows for having graphcs problems 

Just now, connorkervin212 said:

Reinstalling windows is the quickest solution to software issues.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Reinstalling windows is the quickest solution to software issues.

it's also the harshest way of fixing things and still not a guarantee to fix anything.

5 minutes ago, connorkervin212 said:

its the quickest/fastest method if there is driver OR software issues than googlin 5hours and trying 5000  diffrent things

check that you CPU drivers are still there. if windows as reload default drivers because it has sensed a change in hardware it is possible it canned your CPU drivers as well. wont fix anything just for the safety of your CPU...

11 minutes ago, Zucchini said:

check that you CPU drivers are still there. if windows as reload default drivers because it has sensed a change in hardware it is possible it canned your CPU drivers as well. wont fix anything just for the safety of your CPU...

If reinstalling windows does not fix the issues it may be a hardware issue.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Zucchini said:

How do I check the CPU drivers?

The ddu worked and my graphics cards are both registering again.

But now I have 2 more problems.

The first I think is a non issue. The ddu said that I had 80 out of date or missing cpu drivers and another I found said 78. I checked the Intel website and that told me everything was up-to-date. Are the ddu's like antivirus where it says you have a lot of stuff that needs fixing just to make you buy it even when you don't?

The second issue is that now it won't let me enable sli. In the Nvidia control panel it is saying I need an sli bridge to use sli but I already have a bridge conncted that worked fine before?