static pressure or airflow?

Orochimario
Go to solution Solved by katoptrys,

The resistance from the mesh is almost null, tbh. Most cases today draw air from the sides, that doesn't make much of a difference as far as I understand.

I think Jayztwocents has a video explaining where they might be better

not sure whether to put this in cases or aircooling but anyway, im planning on getting the bequiet dark base 700 when its available but the front panel is closed with side vents so static pressure fans like corsair sprgb would probably be smart. However i was hoping to use corsair hd120 rgb because it looks better in my opinion so my question is would using non static pressure fans have a big cooling impact?

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

Static Pressure fans are for example, if you have a radiator or if you are using them with an air cooler for your CPU (like the Noctua DH-15). They are better at moving air where there is resistance. Airflow fans are better if you have an unobstructed airpath (like for example, if your exhaust doesn't have a radiator).

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

1 minute ago, katoptrys said:

Static Pressure fans are for example, if you have a radiator or if you are using them with an air cooler for your CPU (like the Noctua DH-15). They are better at moving air where there is resistance. Airflow fans are better if you have an unobstructed airpath (like for example, if your exhaust doesn't have a radiator).

i know that but wouldnt it help due to the lack of any front mesh on the case because it has to draw air in through the sides?

The resistance from the mesh is almost null, tbh. Most cases today draw air from the sides, that doesn't make much of a difference as far as I understand.

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

Just now, katoptrys said:

awesome thanks for the help, i really should have known that although i suppose i do now.