Triple Monitor set-up.

Deckard26354

Hi folks, sorry if this is a newbie question but I was wondering what the best way is to connect my 3 brand new ASUS VC279H monitors to my nVidia GeForce 1080ti graphics card? I’ve trawled through so many write-ups, reviews and YouTube videos it’s scrambled my brain, confused and bewildered! I’m mainly going to be using my set-up for gaming. Any advice would be very welcome and thanks in advance. 

As in, which connectors to use? If so, there isn't really a best way. All of the connectors on the GPU are digital and can meet the full spec of the display so the image is going to be the same regardless of which port you use. On the monitor, either DVI or HDMI is fine, don't use D-Sub/VGA. 

If you 1080Ti has a DVI port, use the for one of them, use the HDMI port for another and then use a DisplayPort to DVI or HDMI adaptor for the last one. If you don't have a DVI port, you'll need two DisplayPort to DVI or HDMI adaptors. 

The graphics card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI ports and my monitors have HDMI and DVI ports. Should I just use 3 DVI to DP adapters?

21 minutes ago, Deckard26354 said:

The graphics card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI ports and my monitors have HDMI and DVI ports. Should I just use 3 DVI to DP adapters?

hdmi to displayport cable