Ram hight and liquid cooling?

Ruun

I am thinking about getting the kraken x52 from nzxt and on the official website is says that it has a Maximum ram clearance of 35mm. My trident z rgb ram is 44mm high. BUT, I will only have 2 dimms populating only the dim slots furthest away from the cpu. Will it interfere?

don't buy a kraken cpu cooler 

kraken cpu coolers have a higher failure rate than any other aio (excluding offbrand ones)

drop the fancy rgb shit and get a pump that won't die in a week, try a h100iv2 h115i, evga clc280/240,  silent loop 240 or silent loop 280

as for the answer to your question, no cpu blocks don't interfere with ram at all

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

2 minutes ago, Armakar said:

kraken cpu coolers have a higher failure rate than any other aio (excluding offbrand ones)

drop the fancy rgb shit and get a pump that won't die in a week, try a h100iv2 h115i, evga clc280/240,  silent loop 240 or silent loop 280

as for the answer to your question, no cpu blocks don't interfere with ram at all

Well that’s a huge kick in the nuts

Just now, Ruun said:

Well that’s a huge kick in the nuts

yes it is, but when retailers confirm the x62 has a higher failure/purchase rate than any other cooler they stock kind of tells you somethings wrong with the kraken lineup

also kind of got that feel when i had 3 x62's die in a week

Main Rig

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

This is the X62, using two sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX in the B slots.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.95GHz [1.365v] // Mobo: ASRock B350 Pro4 // GPU: EVGA GTX1070 8GB SC Black Edition

Case: NZXT S340 Elite // Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 // RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3066MHz // Misc: NZXT Hue+

Storage: WD Green 120GB M.2, SK HyniX 250GB SSD, Samsung Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate 3TB 7200RPM // PSU: Corsair RM750X

CPU-Z Validation // Userbenchmark // PC Part Picker

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

yes it is, but when retailers confirm the x62 has a higher failure/purchase rate than any other cooler they stock kind of tells you somethings wrong with the kraken lineup

also kind of got that feel when i had 3 x62's die in a week

Source? I've been running mine for 3 months and haven't had a single issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.95GHz [1.365v] // Mobo: ASRock B350 Pro4 // GPU: EVGA GTX1070 8GB SC Black Edition

Case: NZXT S340 Elite // Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 // RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3066MHz // Misc: NZXT Hue+

Storage: WD Green 120GB M.2, SK HyniX 250GB SSD, Samsung Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate 3TB 7200RPM // PSU: Corsair RM750X

2 minutes ago, mmCharles said:

This is the X62, using two sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX in the B slots.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Has it served you well? Any problems?

1 minute ago, Ruun said:

Has it served you well? Any problems?

3 months in and no issues at all, literally as easy as plug and play. Thought it might be worth noting that the Kraken is my first liquid cooler in 13 years of running air coolers.

10 minutes ago, mmCharles said:

Source? I've been running mine for 3 months and haven't had a single issue.

myself having three dead in a week?

Scan (one of the largest pc part retailers in the uk) telling me they have recieved more dead x62's than any other cpu cooler they stock?

what about this:

google dead x62, tons of results, reddit threads and threads on other forums about dead x62's

google "dead clc280" (most comparable cooler in terms of release date) and not only are there no posts, it comes up with a thread of a dead x62..

Main Rig

3 minutes ago, Armakar said:

myself having three dead in a week?

Scan (one of the largest pc part retailers in the uk) telling me they have recieved more dead x62's than any other component they stock?

what about this:

google dead x62, tons of results, reddit threads and threads on other forums about dead x62's

google "dead clc280" (most comparable cooler in terms of release date) and not only are there no posts, it comes up with a thread of a dead x62..

3 failed units seems to be a ridiculous high fail rate to fall on a single user... I got mine from Scan too, not a single issue in 3 months as I said before.  For every negative review, there's two or three positive reviews. I will agree that some of the components in the cooler block are questionable, but you must acknowledge that other top brands have similar failure rates also. Corsair, Cool Master, Thermaltake etc. all have similar results when you Google dead <insert AIO here>. That's just part of the risk for running liquid coolers.

This might help settle OP's mind.

1 minute ago, mmCharles said:

3 failed units seems to be a ridiculous high fail rate to fall on a single user... I got mine from Scan too, not a single issue in 3 months as I said before.  For every negative review, there's two or three positive reviews. I will agree that some of the components in the cooler block are questionable, but you must acknowledge that other top brands have similar failure rates also. Corsair, Cool Master, Thermaltake etc. all have similar results when you Google dead <insert AIO here>. That's just part of the risk for running liquid coolers.

This might help settle OP's mind.

No, I don't acknowledge that other coolers have the same failure rate. I did the google search between a CLC280 and the kraken x62 because they were released closley to eachother - the h series has been out for over 5 years, so obviously has more failed units because it's sold far, far more.

However, scan themselves told me the x62 has the highest rma rate of the coolers they sell, even when I talked to NZXT livechat they said they have had "many bad batches" - wtf is that supposed to mean? 

Corsair is widely reguarded to have the best quality AIOs and EVGA have by far the best customer service - NZXT has neither a high quality AIO or good customer service (The customer service agent at NZXT I spoke with seemed to hate his job and find it funny) - if I had three dead EVGA clc 240s they'd send me a 280 as a replacement. EVGA are infact so good that Scan pestered me to talk to EVGA as they apparently like to deal with customers directly - what other company reaches out like that?

Corsasir have the quality, EVGA have quality AND fantastic service, NZXT have mirrors and RGBs. Clearly NZXT know people will blindly buy something with RGB as I did, and throw out units at the factory without caring if they die.

Main Rig

21 minutes ago, Armakar said:

No, I don't acknowledge that other coolers have the same failure rate. I did the google search between a CLC280 and the kraken x62 because they were released closley to eachother - the h series has been out for over 5 years, so obviously has more failed units because it's sold far, far more.

However, scan themselves told me the x62 has the highest rma rate of the coolers they sell, even when I talked to NZXT livechat they said they have had "many bad batches" - wtf is that supposed to mean? 

Corsair is widely reguarded to have the best quality AIOs and EVGA have by far the best customer service - NZXT has neither a high quality AIO or good customer service (The customer service agent at NZXT I spoke with seemed to hate his job and find it funny) - if I had three dead EVGA clc 240s they'd send me a 280 as a replacement. EVGA are infact so good that Scan pestered me to talk to EVGA as they apparently like to deal with customers directly - what other company reaches out like that?

Corsasir have the quality, EVGA have quality AND fantastic service, NZXT have mirrors and RGBs. Clearly NZXT know people will blindly buy something with RGB as I did, and throw out units at the factory without caring if they die.

Comparing an entire series of coolers to a single model is ridiculous. At least make it fair and compare Corsair’s H series to NZXT’s Kraken line in its entirety. I will concede and agree that the newer line of Kraken’s have been stricken with quality concerns, I don’t remember hearing as many reports on the older models. 

I also find it interesting that Scan recommended you a product they themselves don’t stock. Do EVGA sell directly to private customers? Can Scan place orders on demand, or are they just openly willing to give business away to competitors? Maybe I’m just missing something... 

Honestly, if RAM clearance is a concern, why not just go with something like the H100i v2 that has the tubes coming straight out of the top of the block rather than side?

---

1 hour ago, mmCharles said:

Comparing an entire series of coolers to a single model is ridiculous. At least make it fair and compare Corsair’s H series to NZXT’s Kraken line in its entirety. I will concede and agree that the newer line of Kraken’s have been stricken with quality concerns, I don’t remember hearing as many reports on the older models. 

I also find it interesting that Scan recommended you a product they themselves don’t stock. Do EVGA sell directly to private customers? Can Scan place orders on demand, or are they just openly willing to give business away to competitors? Maybe I’m just missing something... 

The other Kraken line is pretty crappy too. And yes, I will compare the entire line - it proves my point that much more..

Scan didn't reccomend me the X62, they reccomended the EVGA CLC, which they DO stock :https://www.scan.co.uk/products/evga-clc-280-280mm-all-in-one-hydro-cooler-cpu-cooler-2x-140mm-pwm-fans-rgb-logo-copper-base-sleeved

Main Rig