Xonar Phoebus with 598s

Aleppi
Go to solution Solved by Lauen,

nope.jpg 

it'll most likely just be a GIANT waste of money. really. your onboard is more than enough. and just like ExconHD said, the 558s sound about the same, not worth the price difference really. 

EDIT: trust me, I've been here for some time now, learned from the pros here ;) 

Hello everyone! I am going to buy a Sennheiser 598s and a Zalman Mic 1 for my audio setup and I was wondering if a soundcard like the Xonar Phoebus would make any difference in sound compared to the Realtek audio on my Z87 Pro motherboard?

Thanks in Advance! :D

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

lol ah yea

That doesnt help me in any way!

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

For the love of god don't get a Phoebus, get something like a Fiio E10 or if you have to have an internal sound card get a Essence ST.

For the love of god don't get a Phoebus, get something like a Fiio E10 or if you have to have an internal sound card get a Essence ST.

Ok thank you but would the difference be worthwhile with the 598s?

EDIT: I just noticed that I do not have any PCI slots on my motherboard :o

Ok thank you but would the difference be worthwhile with the 598s?

There will be a definet increase in quality, also don't bother with 598's, the 558's are literally the exact same thing except the headband.

That doesnt help me in any way!

lol i thought u were getting the essence one got confused with the names yea get a fiio e10 that phoebus is balls its for "gaming" lol

There will be a definet increase in quality, also don't bother with 598's, the 558's are literally the exact same thing except the headband.

But I had seen that it has more focus on the mids and highs than the bass and that the audio is more refined than the 558s

nope.jpg 

it'll most likely just be a GIANT waste of money. really. your onboard is more than enough. and just like ExconHD said, the 558s sound about the same, not worth the price difference really. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

But I had seen that it has more focus on the mids and highs than the bass and that the audio is more refined than the 558s

Unless you're a true audiophile you're not going to notice the difference. They have almost the exact same design and they have the exact same drivers.

nope.jpg 

are u serious u think onboard is more than enough? even linus says a $25 sound card is better than onboard lol 

are u related to malcom turnball in anyway?

nope.jpg 

But the 598s are cheaper than the 558s from where i am getting them for some weird reason so I will be getting those but thanks anyway!

Stick a potato into the audio plug and it will work :P

I have tried this method and it worked great. You should try it Aleppi. I currently run a potato in my audio jack.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

are u serious u think onboard is more than enough? even linus says a $25 sound card is better than onboard lol 

are u related to malcom turnball in anyway?

Linus has been misguided, and/or he has horrible experience from older crappier motherboards. I do have a soundcard, the ASUS Xonar D2X, but I hear almost no difference from that to the laptop I have at work, which has some Intel audio (atleast that's what Windows tells me) 

The Realtek in most motherboards is just fine. Also, the 558 and 598 are only 50 ohm, which should work fine with most integrated audio and phones. '

EDIT: I don't know who Malcolm Turnball is. 

EDIT: I don't know who Malcolm Turnball is.

Malcolm Turnball is an Australian politician, a horrible one at that. Don't see how it relates to this though O.o

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Malcolm Turnball is an Australian politician, a horrible one at that. Don't see how it relates to this though O.o

me neither, as you might have seen, someone asked me if I was related to him? O.o