Building New PC Help

Looks like a solid build. I have a couple questions. 1) why get a 7700k when the 8700k is out? (you may have a reason for this concerning AU pricing, but there is no reason to buy "old" hardware brand new) and 2) the parts you have picked out are VERY extreme. if you are mostly going to be gamin or streaming your cpu could be fine with an 8600k and a 1070, you could even do some decent content creation. also your ram is very flashy. Lastly it's your money so if you want an overkill system go for it! but for the price of going down to an i5 "k" SKU and a 1070 you could do some really cool stuff, like a custom watercooling loop, fun modding, cool periferials, a good monitor. IMO you have gone overkill but again it's your money. If you have any other questions go ahead and ask them and have fun!

The 7700k is a waste, 8700k is better and they dosnt differ that much in price. tho that means that you HAVE to upgrade to z370, its worth it tho, the z270 is worthless nowadays... get 2tb instead aswell, almost the same price as 1tb xD 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

kraken is over expensive, get a coolermaster master liquid for price to performance or an corsair h100i or something dual rad from corsair

If you want my opinion I would go with an air cooler, I use noctua coolers but it's always up to you. They give the same performance to a lot of liquid coolers for (sometimes) cheaper and a lot more reliable. 

22 minutes ago, Master Bey said:

I'm going to build my first PC very soon, and been researching for a while. I think these parts are good, wondering whether I can get expert opinions on these. 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/myvg2R

Thanks

here my build made ever thing Asus RGB sync (forgot what it called) and went air to save money why still getting great cooling. change i7 770k to 8700k also increased ram speed from 2400 to 3200mhz  everything else looks good. 

21 minutes ago, NotTristan said:

why get a 7700k when the 8700k is out?

Here in Australia the 8700k is overpriced at best and unavailable at worst. Z370 motherboards are the only coffee-lake mobos out right now, and are also absurdly priced. The 7700k is fine.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

2 hours ago, NotTristan said:

Looks like a solid build. I have a couple questions. 1) why get a 7700k when the 8700k is out? (you may have a reason for this concerning AU pricing, but there is no reason to buy "old" hardware brand new) and 2) the parts you have picked out are VERY extreme. if you are mostly going to be gamin or streaming your cpu could be fine with an 8600k and a 1070, you could even do some decent content creation. also your ram is very flashy. Lastly it's your money so if you want an overkill system go for it! but for the price of going down to an i5 "k" SKU and a 1070 you could do some really cool stuff, like a custom watercooling loop, fun modding, cool periferials, a good monitor. IMO you have gone overkill but again it's your money. If you have any other questions go ahead and ask them and have fun!

Thanks for the reply mate. Reason I picked those parts was 1) future proof. and 2) So I can game AAA titles at 1440p at 144hz. I'm really new to Pc building and the most updated info I could find on best compatibility were over 4 months old, which is probably why it mentions the 7700k instead of 8700k. But I will update my list, thanks.

2 hours ago, Joshhelberg said:

here my build made ever thing Asus RGB sync (forgot what it called) and went air to save money why still getting great cooling. change i7 770k to 8700k also increased ram speed from 2400 to 3200mhz  everything else looks good. 

Will definitely change the ram, thanks. 

apparently the 8700k is really overpriced in Australia, so I might stick with the 7700k.

thanks again for your help.

2 hours ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

kraken is over expensive, get a coolermaster master liquid for price to performance or an corsair h100i or something dual rad from corsair

I think I choose the kraken because it had RGB lighting and looked really cool, hehe.