Sleeving cable help plz

So i am going to make my own sleeved cables for the corsair hx750i psu and i have just noticed on corsairs website that the 24pin on motherboard side contains a pin with no terminal on it. Does this mean i will have to make a split cable or can i put a terminal down it  ( so no spit wires ) with out any danger to the motherboard?

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-19-19-55-46.jpg

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit

The cables are pinned that way for a reason, just don't know exactly what it is.  But, if you install a pin into that spot, do you know what the corresponding spot on the motherboard is for?  Does the motherboard have a pin in that spot?  I would be afraid to install a pin in to that spot not knowing what the corresponding spot on the motherboard is for.  You definitely don't want to put a current/voltage in a spot where it isn't wanted.  You run the risk of smoking either the mobo or some other important device.

11 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

The cables are pinned that way for a reason, just don't know exactly what it is.  But, if you install a pin into that spot, do you know what the corresponding spot on the motherboard is for?  Does the motherboard have a pin in that spot?  I would be afraid to install a pin in to that spot not knowing what the corresponding spot on the motherboard is for.  You definitely don't want to put a current/voltage in a spot where it isn't wanted.  You run the risk of smoking either the mobo or some other important device.

Pretty sure it is a ground terminal.

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit

You can put a terminal down it. It is not used on any motherboard. When I made custom cables, I just made a dummy wire that didn't connect to anything to preserve the aesthetic.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

1 hour ago, bAiLeY sMiTh said:

So i am going to make my own sleeved cables for the corsair hx750i psu and i have just noticed on corsairs website that the 24pin on motherboard side contains a pin with no terminal on it. Does this mean i will have to make a split cable or can i put a terminal down it  ( so no spit wires ) with out any danger to the motherboard?

Dual or double wire are almost always inevitable on most PSU's, some units have a direct 1:1 connection but that isn't always the case. 

For the missing pin that was used for older systems that required a -5V which is not necessary anymore. If you want digrams and such I have a general guide and details on it here under PSU connectors and Pinouts:

Image result for 24 pin diagram

2 hours ago, bAiLeY sMiTh said:

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-19-19-55-46.jpg

Most PSU cables have 23 pins Plus two to three Y cables (Which Requires soldering). You would need to check your motherboard manual to see what voltage is coming out of that missing slot.

When creating cables you should have multimeter & a PSU tester.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 11/19/2017 at 12:29 PM, bAiLeY sMiTh said:

I did custom cables for this PSU in my current rig, and if I remember correctly, it had one double wire for the 24 pin, and one double for each 6+2 pcie cable (with the double being the +2). As someone else said, I used a dummy wire to fill that spot, but didn’t connect the psu side. 

I was able to trace the pin out just by looking at the cables. I can post a pic of my diagrams when I get home if you’d like

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med