Windows audio service not responding

NorthLake
Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,
Just now, NorthLake said:

I just found out how to solve the problem by accident. While looking at something on my phone my laptop went into hibernation because the battery was at 7%. When I booted it up again the cmd windows said the service had stopped. I typed in the command to start it again, and it just worked. I guess this is what I'll do the next time it happens. It doesn't solve the root of the problem, but at least I'm not at a loss.

so it was power related :P u can disable power saving features on the usb then in power options

So I've gotten this problem a lot of times already, and I don't know what I can do against it. (Not even Google; I know, shocking) Sometimes when I boot up my laptop (Acer Aspire E5-573 running windows 10 Home) the audio service won't respond to anything. I can't play any sound from any program. I use a mini-jack to usb adapter for my G430, but I've also tried the port on my laptop and the built in speakers; none of them have worked. The audio icon on the taskbar says "The audio service is not running", but services.msc and task manager say it is. If I try to restart it (via either way, or by cmd) it keeps saying 'Stopping'. I'm running the newest drivers for my G430 and the sound card, and I have installed the latest BIOS.

g430 requires the usb for powering up, a mini jack wont be able to supply enough voltage to run the thing

after u put in the usb in a normal slot thats when u should install the drivers :v

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

g430 requires the usb for powering up, a mini jack wont be able to supply enough voltage to run the thing

after u put in the usb in a normal slot thats when u should install the drivers :v

I always use the usb adapter, because my laptop has a audio/mic combo whereas the G430 has two separate plugs. And it has worked for many years, so that's really not the issue here. I am 99.8% sure the problem is in Windows.

44 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

I just found out how to solve the problem by accident. While looking at something on my phone my laptop went into hibernation because the battery was at 7%. When I booted it up again the cmd windows said the service had stopped. I typed in the command to start it again, and it just worked. I guess this is what I'll do the next time it happens. It doesn't solve the root of the problem, but at least I'm not at a loss.

so it was power related :P u can disable power saving features on the usb then in power options

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

Why didn't I think of that? -_-

I'm not exactly sure what option it is. Is it setting for selective USB-interruption? (Translated it from Dutch myself, so it might not directly match up) It's currently set to enabled. If it's not. then what option is it, and where do I find it?

1 minute ago, NorthLake said:

Why didn't I think of that? -_-

I'm not exactly sure what option it is. Is it setting for selective USB-interruption? (Translated it from Dutch myself, so it might not directly match up) It's currently set to enabled. If it's not. then what option is it, and where do I find it?

yeh selective usb interruption takes out ur usb soundcard too o,o

(◑‿◐)

48 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

yeh selective usb interruption takes out ur usb soundcard too o,o

It's still weird though how the interruption of a usb sound card makes the audio service inoperable...

It's still weird though how the interruption of a usb sound card makes the audio service inoperable...

if a soundcard gets shut down due to powersaving mode it can crash the driver if it wasnt made for any powersaving states, ive got the same with PCI-E power saving mode in my dedicated soundcard , the soundcard starts cutting sound and then poof no more sound, cant recover it and whatever i tried wont work, it was a powersaving setting in the pci-e lane it was running from

:)

sound is very sensitive to shit like that same for static electricity. soundcards are the most sensitive things u have in ur entire rig ( BY FAR )

(◑‿◐)