Liquid

When i built my loop about a year ago i mixed some EK coolant and some distilled water in a bottle. i used some of the fluid for my loop but i still had a lot left in the bottle. Can i use whats still left in the bottle for another loop or has the liquid "gone bad"? 

Watches and computers                    

3 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

When i built my loop about a year ago i mixed some EK coolant and some distilled water in a bottle. i used some of the fluid for my loop but i still had a lot left in the bottle. Can i use whats still left in the bottle for another loop or has the liquid "gone bad"? 

You might need to shake it a bit so stuff hasn't settled, but it's probably fine. Don't take my word for it, though.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I would throw it out and get some new fluid. I think they advise you toss out fluid after 12 to 18 months of shelf life.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

If it is still clear with no stuff floating around and no bad smell it is probably perfectly alright. 

The Ek ethylen glycol stuff is pretty resilient if concentrated enough, rated for 2 years but it can

probably hold on longer.

1 minute ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

If it is still clear with no stuff floating around and no bad smell it is probably perfectly alright. 

The Ek ethylen glycol stuff is pretty resilient if concentrated enough, rated for 2 years but it can

probably hold on longer.

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I would throw it out and get some new fluid. I think they advise you toss out fluid after 12 to 18 months of shelf life.

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You might need to shake it a bit so stuff hasn't settled, but it's probably fine. Don't take my word for it, though.

okay, thanks guys. ill go get some new liquid just to be safe!

Watches and computers