Good Wireless Headphones for gaming? help me pick!

i_build_nanosuits
Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

Placed an order for the Sennheiser Black URBANITE XL WIRELESS

175$ seem like a screaming deal from amazon.ca and the reviews are good and it's what i'm looking for! :)

Thanks guys for posting! have a good evening.

signing out!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00SJ1KG06/?tag=linustechti06-20

https://www.cnet.com/products/sennheiser-urbanite-xl-wireless/review/

Hi guys!

For christmas i want to get some new wireless headphones for my PC, and my budget is around 200$CAD or less...so around 150$USD or something like that.

They will be used for gaming and movies, and i want them wireless because i have a Oculus Rift and i want them to replace the included rift headphones.

I play a lot of Racing simulators on it, so i guess i want them to sound pretty deep and bassy but at the same time clear enough.

I also need them to be light weight, and i need them to hold on well to my head for when i move in VR in first person shooters.

Leave your suggestions bellow, i'll take a look at every one of them!

Thanks!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

corsair void or maybe hyper x cloud?

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

Just now, Orochimario said:

corsair void or maybe hyper x cloud?

do you know if the huge ass microphone pertruding out of the VOID headphones is removeable? cause in reality i have no use for it and it'll be in the way...i don't need a gaming microphone cause the rift has a microphone built in already...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Do they have to be wireless? You are going to have a cord anyway for the Rift and wired are always better than wireless.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Do they have to be wireless? You are going to have a cord anyway for the Rift and wired are always better than wireless.

yes they absolutely need to be...1 wire for the rift is easy enough to deal with...two wires will get twisted togheter and stuff...it's a deal breaker. :)

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

yes they absolutely need to be...1 wire for the rift is easy enough to deal with...two wires will get twisted togheter and stuff...it's a deal breaker. :)

What if they had a removable wire and you just Velcro tied one wire to the rift wire and had another one for regular use?

Just now, Max_Settings said:

What if they had a removable wire and you just Velcro tied one wire to the rift wire and had another one for regular use?

nahh...i really want a good wireless solution...and im willing to pay for it to make sure it,s good enough for my needs...there's got to be some decent sets out there no? it's 2017...

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

nahh...i really want a good wireless solution...and im willing to pay for it to make sure it,s good enough for my needs...there's got to be some decent sets out there no? it's 2017...

According to gamers, yes. Wireless headphones are a sin against humanity if you asked an audiophile though.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

According to gamers, yes. Wireless headphones are a sin against humanity if you asked an audiophile though.

i will barely listen to any musics on them, and when i do its gonne be MP3 anyways...so i just need ''good enough'' sound...mostly for car engine sounds...and cause right now i have a wired headset for the ''non rift'' use, but it's only working on one side and it's a pain to always switch the source of the audio and stuff...and the wire is always in the way and stuff...i don't like it and i want to improve it...so i just need something that would sound a bit better than the rift included audio solution ideally...and that will work well, and is light weight and will hold on to my head well when i move around.

18 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

do you know if the huge ass microphone pertruding out of the VOID headphones is removeable? cause in reality i have no use for it and it'll be in the way...i don't need a gaming microphone cause the rift has a microphone built in already...

No you cant remove it :(

2 minutes ago, Zarken said:

No you cant remove it :(

do you know about something else in the same price range that has a good sound signature and would fit my need?

i like these a lot i think...?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00SJ1KG06/?tag=pcp0f-20

Placed an order for the Sennheiser Black URBANITE XL WIRELESS

175$ seem like a screaming deal from amazon.ca and the reviews are good and it's what i'm looking for! :)

Thanks guys for posting! have a good evening.

signing out!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00SJ1KG06/?tag=linustechti06-20

https://www.cnet.com/products/sennheiser-urbanite-xl-wireless/review/