Cisco WAP561 not working

Tsunami_Scrub
3 minutes ago, Tsunami_Scrub said:

The wifi symbol isn't turning on and we don't have wifi, please help

Was it working before? Did you even set it up with accordance to the manuals?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Was it working before? Did you even set it up with accordance to the manuals?

we can't connect to it so we can't log into the webpage to set it up?

9 minutes ago, Tsunami_Scrub said:

and no it wasn't working before

15 minutes ago, Tsunami_Scrub said:

It grabs an address via DHCP, you can use the FindIt software:

https://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=286311212

or check your DHCP server and see what address it got and navigate to it directly.

cisco/cisco is the username/password

QuickStart Guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap5x1/quick_start/guide/WAP_551_561_QSG.pdf

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It grabs an address via DHCP, you can use the FindIt software:

https://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=286311212

or check your DHCP server and see what address it got and navigate to it directly.

cisco/cisco is the username/password

QuickStart Guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap5x1/quick_start/guide/WAP_551_561_QSG.pdf

How do we check the DHCP server?

7 minutes ago, Tsunami_Scrub said:

How do we check the DHCP server?

What kind of DHCP server do you have?

Is it the switch, a Windows box, linux, etc?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What kind of DHCP server do you have?

Is it the switch, a Windows box, linux, etc?

I honestly don't know, we're using a network switch, a router, 2 Macs and the WAP, and the WAP isn't working

Just now, Tsunami_Scrub said:

I honestly don't know, we're using a network switch, a router, 2 Macs and the WAP, and the WAP isn't working

So the router is probably the DHCP server then. 

You can open up the router's browser and see what addresses it's handed out, should be in one of the tabs.

Another option is to use the Bonjour service to located the AP, not sure how the service works exactly but I know it's an Apple thing that can be run on Windows for services. The guide mentions you can use that but now how.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

So the router is probably the DHCP server then. 

You can open up the router's browser and see what addresses it's handed out, should be in one of the tabs.

Another option is to use the Bonjour service to located the AP, not sure how the service works exactly but I know it's an Apple thing that can be run on Windows for services. The guide mentions you can use that but now how.

We already know what the IP address to the WAP561 is, its 192.168.1.245 (it's the default ip) but when we type it into the browser nothing loads. We think this is because we aren't connected to it. How does one connect to it?

3 minutes ago, Tsunami_Scrub said:

We already know what the IP address to the WAP561 is, its 192.168.1.245 (it's the default ip) but when we type it into the browser nothing loads. We think this is because we aren't connected to it. How does one connect to it?

You have to be cabled to the switch or to the router which then has to connect to the switch.

You can also connect to the switch, set an IP on one of the Macs to be static, and put it in the 192.168.1.x range with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

The AP will default to 192.168.1.245 if it doesn't get a DHCP offer from a server and if that network 192.168.1.x isn't your local network and the router doesn't know how to get to it, you won't be able to reach it.

Not sure what the command on the Mac is but if you can find out your local IP address, if the first three sets of numbers don't match 192.168.1 then you'll need to connect the switch to the router, reboot the AP, and start over.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: