need help

NeonFilmsTV

I wanted to get a gaming pc and I was looking all over and prebuilt ones were a rip off so i was playing around with pc part picker and i came up with gtx 1080 and ryzen 5 1500x. I heard of bottlenecking i wanted to know will it. and should i just go with ryzen 7 1700 gtx 1070 8gb

one more question. How much ram do i need and does it matter because most games i saw use just 6 to 8 gb. and what is 1x8 ram 

And if you can send me a link to some good builds $1000 or under that will game good and will last along time

What games are you planning on playing? and what Framerate? do you plan to get a 144hz monitor? 

If you plan to get a 144hz and play lower settings for high framerates maybe it might struggle at the top end. If you have a 60hz display and are just cranking the ultra settings 1440 or 1080 or even playing 4k then i dont think the CPU will be even the slightest of problems in 99% of games.

1x8 means its 8gb of ram on one stick. some get 2x4 so its 2 sticks 4gb each for a total of 8. Depending on how much you want and the slots on the motherboard should be how you choose this. theres a slight advantage to having 2x4 but its small and if you only have 2 slots for ram id go for 1x8

If your going to use a 60hz screen then i would say get the 1080 and 1x8gb of ram and upgrade down the line to 2x8 for 16gb when if ever needed

it all depends on what resolution you intend to play games at but at 1440p and 4k that cpu should be fine also have you considered the i3 8350k its a basically an i5 7600k rebranded. I'd go with 16gb ram for future proofing.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Strix x470F Ram: G.skill Trident Z RGB 16GB GPU: Powercolor RX5700XT Red Devil 8GB Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L RGB Case: NZXT H500i Storage: 500GB NVMe SSD 3TB Spinning Rust PSU: EVGA 650w B2

ill be playing games like gta 5 call of duty and 50 60 or above framerate and i dont know yet maybe just the 60hz

28 minutes ago, NeonFilmsTV said:

ill be playing games like gta 5 call of duty and 50 60 or above framerate and i dont know yet maybe just the 60hz

Well If your not really sure id go for the 1080 then. if you decide 144hz maybe get a better processor but honestly either way id personally prefer Better graphics and 100fps then 144fps with a 1070 and decently lower graphics as your going to be using a slower gpu to get even higher FPS

Also if you plan to stream  a lot or multitask while gaming  would be the other reason to get a better CPU  and more ram without a doubt 

Pros of better CPU

Possibly better at reaching 144fps

Better mutitasking while gaming and or better at game streaming.

Pros of better GPU

the 1500x will still provide very high frame rates 

Youll get to crank the graphics even higher or get a higher resolution monitor

even if you get a 144hz monitor many easier to run games will hit 144fps and many demanding games will still be way above 60fps and will be a noticlbe improvement still 

53 minutes ago, sallamby said:

it all depends on what resolution you intend to play games at but at 1440p and 4k that cpu should be fine also have you considered the i3 8350k its a basically an i5 7600k rebranded. I'd go with 16gb ram for future proofing.

that i3 seems to be pretty expensive at least in the USA seems like intel upped prices aswell with the 8x Gen a 7600k is $180 where i live and a i3 8350k is 200+