WD Gold Vs WD Red for Parity Drive

Ok so I posted this on the Unraid forum but figured I would see what your guys thoughts are as well.

Ok so here is a short back story. I just setup my first unraid server. During preclear the WD 8tb Red drive that I had planed on using as my parity drive failed 10 mins in on the first pass. I'm going to RMA it but I've heard you normally get a used older drive back. Not what I want as my parity drive. I was rethinking my needs and since I figure my array will only have 4 tb drives in it I was thinking of buying a new 4tb to use as a parity (I will use my rma drive for something else.)

So here is my question right now WD gold 4tb drives are pretty much the same price as 4tb red pro and really only a few dollars more then a normally red. The stats on the Gold just seem better then the red (Non Pro). (longer warranty, faster speed,  MTBF is double for the Gold compared to the Red.) Since they are pretty much the same cost is there any reason I should not use Gold drives in my Unraid??

Was the failed drive new or reused from elsewhere? If new, get a replacement/refund from seller and not via WD.

Can't answer 2nd part but I took the backblaze approach and just got the cheapest new drive from anyone for my unraid array. I'm not convinced on added value from "NAS" rated drives.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

It was a new drive. Built Jan 2017. I got it from a company in April that sold computer hardware that was going out of business so returning it to them is not an option. It's been sitting on my shelf since then with zero use on it.