GPU drivers causing DPC latency

CrippledROBOT

Hey everyone! I already posted in Audio twice in the past week regarding this issue but nobody has responded to either. I now have started to (possibly) narrow down my issues to something GPU related, so here I am!

Here is what I have posted:

Hey everyone! Before I begin, here is a link to my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/YjWD4D
I'm not really sure where to put this (categorically) as the issue isn't from a definitive source yet. ****OTHERS HAVE ENCOUNTERED A SIMILAR PROBLEM. I'd like to make this post become as universally helpful as possible, so please, if you have insight, drop it in. Maybe something you suggest will help someone else!

Here it goes:

When I go to fire up a game or run Spotify I will occasionally here a pop, snap, or small crackle in the audio. After scouring the internet for what it was, I came upon something called DPC latency which is basically driver issues and delays. The software that I used is called DPC Latency Checker. I also have used LatencyMon and both will show latency spikes (up to 1000u) and audible pop, snap, crackle will occur. Before becoming more aware of the issues, I would simply uninstall the audio driver and do the required reboot and BOOM, the issue was gone. As soon as I would go to turn the computer off for the day and reboot it when I needed it later, the issues were back. 

Guides have suggested that I go through Device Manager to try and see what drivers are causing this issue. 
I have tried turning nearly everything off and on against to little or no improvement. 

In my desperation, I tried downloading LatencyMon which actually points to the specific driver causing the slowdown. My highest spike seemed to be caused by my NVIDIA drivers. This sucks as this has been updated to the latest version. Disabling the GPU seemed to fix the issue for the limited time that I tested it. This is NOT good as I primarily use my machine for gaming. When I have time later today, I will definitely see if that is 100% the culprit. 

First, does anyone have a fix/suggestion?
- I don't understand why/how it COULD help as the issue seems to stem from latency, but would an external DAC improve the issues? 

Second, why would the GPU be causing audio issues?

More about : audio popping issue

8 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

Hey everyone! I already posted in Audio twice in the past week regarding this issue but nobody has responded to either. I now have started to (possibly) narrow down my issues to something GPU related, so here I am!

Here is what I have posted:

Hey everyone! Before I begin, here is a link to my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/YjWD4D
I'm not really sure where to put this (categorically) as the issue isn't from a definitive source yet. ****OTHERS HAVE ENCOUNTERED A SIMILAR PROBLEM. I'd like to make this post become as universally helpful as possible, so please, if you have insight, drop it in. Maybe something you suggest will help someone else!

Here it goes:

When I go to fire up a game or run Spotify I will occasionally here a pop, snap, or small crackle in the audio. After scouring the internet for what it was, I came upon something called DPC latency which is basically driver issues and delays. The software that I used is called DPC Latency Checker. I also have used LatencyMon and both will show latency spikes (up to 1000u) and audible pop, snap, crackle will occur. Before becoming more aware of the issues, I would simply uninstall the audio driver and do the required reboot and BOOM, the issue was gone. As soon as I would go to turn the computer off for the day and reboot it when I needed it later, the issues were back. 

Guides have suggested that I go through Device Manager to try and see what drivers are causing this issue. 
I have tried turning nearly everything off and on against to little or no improvement. 

In my desperation, I tried downloading LatencyMon which actually points to the specific driver causing the slowdown. My highest spike seemed to be caused by my NVIDIA drivers. This sucks as this has been updated to the latest version. Disabling the GPU seemed to fix the issue for the limited time that I tested it. This is NOT good as I primarily use my machine for gaming. When I have time later today, I will definitely see if that is 100% the culprit. 

First, does anyone have a fix/suggestion?
- I don't understand why/how it COULD help as the issue seems to stem from latency, but would an external DAC improve the issues? 

Second, why would the GPU be causing audio issues?

More about : audio popping issue

it's sound more like electronic interference which in a small case with all components cramped inside could really be the case. you probably experience placebo effect when you uninstalled the  drivers 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

2 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

it's sound more like electronic interference which in a small case with all components cramped inside could really be the case. you probably experience placebo effect when you uninstalled the  drivers 

100% not placebo effect. Have had other people listen and noticed the same thing. This is an issue with other people as well with similarly strange results. Take a look: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3551007/audio-crackling-popping-gaming.html#20374257

I could add more links, but you get the picture

15 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

100% not placebo effect. Have had other people listen and noticed the same thing. This is an issue with other people as well with similarly strange results. Take a look: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3551007/audio-crackling-popping-gaming.html#20374257

I could add more links, but you get the picture

you add more links but google things you don't know first before you make an ars of your self 

2 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

you add more links but google things you don't know first before you make an ars of your self 

I can certainly add more links, but one of the ways people learn about issues is through Googling...Google failed to provide any concrete answers, now I am here. Other sources have mostly the same issue. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3183780/high-dpc-latency-causing-audio-popping.html

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-7-windows-vista/23917-dpc-latency-causing-pops-clipping-when-streaming-audio.html

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/523477/nvidia-drivers-causing-high-dpc-latency-thus-making-sound-crackle-and-drop-out/

3 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

I can certainly add more links, but one of the ways people learn about issues is through Googling...Google failed to provide any concrete answers, now I am here. 

as i told you its probably electronic interference you know like when you put your phone next to a speaker and you get that annoying bepepepepepe sound while receiving a text yes that, it is known to happen inside pc too but then because other components interfere to the sound card. this is most common inside smaller cases like the one you have

1 minute ago, ricksteendam1 said:

as i told you its probably electronic interference you know like when you put your phone next to a speaker and you get that annoying bepepepepepe sound while receiving a text yes that, it is known to happen inside pc too but then because other components interfere to the sound card. this is most common inside smaller cases like the one you have

Ordinarily, that may be the case, however, restarting the system should then have no effect on the sound issue. Other sources are confirming its a way that this or similar selections of drivers are causing a mishandling of interrupts in the system. Will have to manually search through and find the negative driver/hope that a miracle driver is released. 

Just now, CrippledROBOT said:

Ordinarily, that may be the case, however, restarting the system should then have no effect on the sound issue. Other sources are confirming its a way that this or similar selections of drivers are causing a mishandling of interrupts in the system. Will have to manually search through and find the negative driver/hope that a miracle driver is released. 

as your restarting the system the voltage is removed from components so that could stop that's sound for awhile and it can come back later

as your restarting the system the voltage is removed from components so that could stop that's sound for awhile and it can come back later

That is definitely a possibility, however wouldn't the issue arise in a few hours after a restart? 

That is definitely a possibility, however wouldn't the issue arise in a few hours after a restart? 

yes no maybe.  it depends from the component(s) its coming from

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

yes no maybe.  it depends from the component(s) its coming from

So there is no definitive way to this issue other than to hope going to a larger case and motherboard will fix it.

So there is no definitive way to this issue other than to hope going to a larger case and motherboard will fix it.

a external dac

a external dac

a external dac

As the issues are related to latency in audio protocol handling, this shouldn't help :/

2 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

a external sound card (DAC as the community  calls them) will help this problem (as it's not inside the case)

15 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

a external sound card (DAC as the community  calls them) will help this problem (as it's not inside the case)

I'll give it a try! Thank you friend

2 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

I'll give it a try! Thank you friend

np

Hey. I have exactly the same issue. Only reboot seems to help. But once I shut down and turn back on, cracklings are back as well.nothing seems to help,did clean OS install, upgraded/downgraded drivers,still nothing.flashed BIOS and still no success. DPC is into 1000us's. Anyone knows the solution?