After 3 years, built my first PC!!!

Dandt777

I've been dreaming of building my own computer for about 3 years now. Watching LTT the whole way, and slowing picking up other channels like BitWit, Jayztwocents, NCIX (rip), etc. Now I've finally built it.

Specs: 

Intel i3 8350k

Gigabyte GTX 1080 (it's a Windforce card, but not the G1, I forget)

AsRock Killer sli/ac

8 gb ddr4 Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz (single stick, will be adding a second this month)

ADATA m.2 ssd (not nvme) 512gb

NZXT s340 elite (White)

Corsair 550m

2 scrapped 250gb HHD (only one of which is even SATA III, but both 7200 rpm)

and an enermax cpu cooler (don't remember which one)

Reflections:

I'm super happy with how it turned out, but I'm a little disappointed in the cable management. I did not initially build it with that in mind due to this being my first build.

I need to do something to resolve the extra ziptied 8pin cable on the graphics card. It has just occurred to me that I may be able to flip the cord (facepalm).

I know the 8350k may be controversial. I didn't overpay for it, and I wanted something affordable, overclockable, and current gen. I don't generally need a lot of cores anywho. If I change my mind later, like if I start content creation or games that I play use more cores, I can always have an upgrade path to 8700k, or newer gens if they use LGA 2011(2).

I eventually plan on ditching the HHD's. They are a bit noisy creaking here and there.

Over all I super duper enjoying my new rig. I think it looks good and it plays great! 

(side note: 8 pin hanging in pic has been since ziptied)

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

19 minutes ago, Dandt777 said:

-snip-

You said you’re disappointed with cable management? That’s 300 times better than mine! Great build 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz