GPU stuck at low clock speeds

I have an AMD Sapphire RX480 4gb card.

I started having issues when I updated my gpu's drivers to 17.11.1 and when I would start playing games I was getting terrible performance. I also saw artifacting and got a TDR error code from windows (only happened once).

So I did the following steps to try and troubleshoot my problem:

reinstalled drivers

installed old drivers

checked bios to see if there were any settings that were hindering the gpu

reseated the graphics card and power connectors.

But no matter what I do, the heaven benchmark says my core clock and memory clock are pinned at 300 Mhz.

MSI Afterburner says gpu utilization is at 100% but my temps are only at 30C. 

Is there anything else I can do? or should I begin the RMA process :/

Can you test the gpu on a clean windows installation? Having an unused hard drive lying around would be handy.

It's sounds a bit like as if the driver update was faulty and left some bad configs or bugs behind. How long has it been since you updated the driver? You could try the windows recovery options to restore your pc to a point before the driver update (provided that windows has created a restore point).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

(Option: Restore from a system restore point )

Keep in mind that this can undo any changes you made after that point (like program installation). Also backup your personal files located on drive C:

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

6 hours ago, crosstiger said:

Can you test the gpu on a clean windows installation? Having an unused hard drive lying around would be handy.

It's sounds a bit like as if the driver update was faulty and left some bad configs or bugs behind. How long has it been since you updated the driver? You could try the windows recovery options to restore your pc to a point before the driver update (provided that windows has created a restore point).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

(Option: Restore from a system restore point )

Keep in mind that this can undo any changes you made after that point (like program installation). Also backup your personal files located on drive C:

hey thanks, it worked! I restored my windows install and now my gpu doesn't seem to have any clock issues. 

I got another TDR video error when reinstalling stuff, but it all seems fine now. 

1 hour ago, uspoloassassin said:

hey thanks, it worked! I restored my windows install and now my gpu doesn't seem to have any clock issues. 

I got another TDR video error when reinstalling stuff, but it all seems fine now. 

Happy to hear that.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan